Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jheymach

Photo stream selectively uploading?

I recently uploaded some photos to create a photo stream.  When i noticed that some were in portrait mode, I deleted those, and tried to upload cropped photos.  The app shows upload success but doesn't show the new photos added to my stream.  I tried multiple times with various pics.

Giving up on that procedure,  I deleted the stream, and tried to re-upload the batch, but this gave me even less pictures than before.  

What is going on??

I am using the Android app.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Photo stream selectively uploading?

Hi @jheymach.

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us regarding your issue about the photo stream feature on Roku streaming devices.

Rest assured, we passed along your details as well as your concern to the appropriate Roku team to further investigate on this.

Once more information is available, we will make sure to update the Community.

In the meantime, your patience and understanding is very much appreciated.

All the best,

Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jghuffma
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jghuffma,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Could you tell us more about the issue you have about the concern you're running into? We'd like to know more about how we can help! How long has the issue existed? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can assist you further?

With detailed information, we will be better able to assist you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jghuffma
Reel Rookie

Hello, 

I am trying to load Pictures onto the photo stream. I have tried through the app. Sometimes it works, mostly it does not. (I only have 18 pics loaded - and 2 streams). I have tried from my computer, from Chrome and from Firefox. The site says it is loaded but the streams are not showing the pictures. I have also cleared cache to try to load pictures and that did not work either. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jghuffma,

Thanks for keeping us updated!

Rest assured that we want to provide you with the assistance you need. For us to further investigate the issue, we'll need additional information. Kindly provide the following:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Photo Stream Channe version/build (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID).

Once we have these details, we will be able to investigate further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jghuffma
Reel Rookie

Roku device no. 3800x-roku streaming stick

serial no. Yf00D0916080

device ID ct382d916080

software OS/version 12.0.0 build 4186-55

Photo stream channel verison/build 9.3 build 10

Tracker ID 80-254-f817 timestamp 2023-06-26t22:57:10Z

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jghuffma,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

Please be advised that we are aware of the issue, and our appropriate Roku team has been investigating this issue closely. Once more information is available, we'll update this Community thread.

We hope to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate your patience and understanding.

Thank you for providing us with an opportunity to assist you and for choosing Roku.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jghuffma
Reel Rookie

So I have more information for you. I have a galaxy A42 5g and use the gallery app to edit photos. I had put the date of the event on the photos and that is when I started having issues loading the photos. This morning I reverted the photos back to the original and the photos went in without issue. I had not done this with the 1st photos I had loaded. So I am back to loading photos but apparently no editing allowed.