Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sf7307

Phone as remote for multiple streaming sticks

Jump to solution

I have multiple Roku streaming sticks (2 at home and 2 in our RV). Can I use the app on my phone as a remote for all 4?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Phone as remote for multiple streaming sticks

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @sf7307!

We'd be glad to assist you with your query about the Roku mobile app.

Indeed, you can use the Roku mobile app as an alternative to a physical remote for all of your Roku streaming sticks. After you link all of the devices to the app, you can change it anytime to navigate your preferred device. For further details, you can check our Support article about How the Roku mobile app works.

Let us know if there's anything else we can be of assistance with, and we'd be more than happy to continue doing so. Hope this helps!
Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@sf7307 

The Roku mobile app is able to connect to any Roku it finds on the same local network to which the phone is connected.  It can control only one Roku at a time, but you can switch it between the available Rokus available on that network.  So that should work for your two Rokus in the house.

For your in-car Roku(s), that will be depend on how you are networking the Roku{s} and whether the phone can connect to the same network(s) as the Roku(s).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @sf7307!

We'd be glad to assist you with your query about the Roku mobile app.

Indeed, you can use the Roku mobile app as an alternative to a physical remote for all of your Roku streaming sticks. After you link all of the devices to the app, you can change it anytime to navigate your preferred device. For further details, you can check our Support article about How the Roku mobile app works.

Let us know if there's anything else we can be of assistance with, and we'd be more than happy to continue doing so. Hope this helps!
Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@sf7307 

The Roku mobile app is able to connect to any Roku it finds on the same local network to which the phone is connected.  It can control only one Roku at a time, but you can switch it between the available Rokus available on that network.  So that should work for your two Rokus in the house.

For your in-car Roku(s), that will be depend on how you are networking the Roku{s} and whether the phone can connect to the same network(s) as the Roku(s).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos