Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scoobie69d
Channel Surfer

PIxel not connecting to device

Jump to solution

I have a Pixel 6 phone and a Roku Ultra. I can not connect my phone to the Ultra to use my phone as the remote controller. Both my phone and the Ultra are on the same WiFi network (I've checked) The Ultra is listed as a device on my Roku account, but my phone does not see it to connect. I've even tried to connect by entering the IP address manually.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: PIxel not connecting to device

Jump to solution

Hi @Scoobie69d,

Warm greetings from the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing your experience with this issue you've encountered when accessing the Roku mobile app. We'd love to be of assistance here.

Please let us know.

• Where were you able to connect this before?
  • Aside from that, have you tried any other troubleshooting?
  • We'd also like to know if you see an error message after manually entering the IP address.

In addition, we've got some additional troubleshooting to see if that helps: Why does the Roku mobile app not see or connect on my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Scoobie69d,

Warm greetings from the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing your experience with this issue you've encountered when accessing the Roku mobile app. We'd love to be of assistance here.

Please let us know.

• Where were you able to connect this before?
  • Aside from that, have you tried any other troubleshooting?
  • We'd also like to know if you see an error message after manually entering the IP address.

In addition, we've got some additional troubleshooting to see if that helps: Why does the Roku mobile app not see or connect on my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem on my pixel phone. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @AlarmTripper,

Thanks for making your first post here in the Roku Community!

We see that you're seeing the same issue as the OP. I'd like to learn more about this, and could you please share with us additional information as previously asked?

We'd like to take a closer look,

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Same problem enter it manually says there is no device at this ip and I'm looking at the number on the roku right now on the same wifi and I've done all your trouble shooting 20 times and you list the problem solved by telling guys how to find the io to enter it manually they obviously know that if the question is why can't I connect even when I enter it manually 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Onefootinhelland @Scoobie69d , some access points have what's called "client isolation" turned on.  This is especially true for public Wi-Fi or "guest" networks.  If that's enabled, connected devices won't be able to communicate with each other.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Scoobie69d
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@renojim where do I go and find out if I need to change client isolation?

0 Kudos
Scoobie69d
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Onefootinhell were you ever able to solve this issue? I'm still unable to use my phone as a remote.

0 Kudos