Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nmashe1
Channel Surfer

Only Some of My Android Devices Can Access Roku Channel Content via App

I have 2 Roku Streaming Sticks (3820x) and 2 Roku Ultra LTs (4801RW), all connected via Ethernet with Fiber Internet, no connection issues whatsoever. 

I have 4 Android devices that are updated with latest version of Roku app (9.6.0.2166760) and they all function perfectly as remotes and for remote listening...

But for the life of me, I can't figure out why only two devices have the home button at the bottom, allowing you to browse Roku channel content and select if you want to view it on TV or mobile.

The other two Androids just have a remote and device button at the bottom of the app, with no ability to login however they can access and communicate with all Roku devices on my network/account.

The two fully functional Androids are on OS 8 & 9, the two crippled devices are sporting OS 10 and 6 (or maybe 7).

Any insight would be much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Only Some of My Android Devices Can Access Roku Channel Content via App

Hi @Nmashe1,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community and reaching out for support!

We would like to also appreciate you for bringing this to our attention. Would you be so kind as to provide the details below for us to have further information about the issue you're having?

• Brand, model, and current OS that your mobile device is running?
  • Version of the Roku mobile app that your mobile device is using?

In addition, we recommend uninstalling your Roku mobile app and installing it once again through the official Roku mobile app website at this link: here

Please let us know what you find out.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos