Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not finding my device on the app

Jump to solution

I brought my Roku to my mom's to put in her spare bedroom to watch while I'm here. I left my remote at home, soi been trying to use the app, which I have no problem doing at home, but here, my device is not even showing up on the app. The Roku device it self blinks, 1 blink, then 2 fast blinks. I just need to know how to use my app as my entire. I'm not 100% sure which Roku I have, I believe it's just the reg basic, nothing new. Ty

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Not finding my device on the app

Jump to solution

@Staceyliving 

How did you connect your Roku to her network? I'm thinking perhaps you haven't done that yet. And you can't connect to a new network (that is, new or different credentials) without a remote.

If your device is a stick, which plugs directly into the TV, then you'll need a Voice Remote ($20) which you could find at Walmart, Target, Best Buy, etc. If it's not a stick, in which case you'll connect to the TV with an HDMI cable, then you can get any cheap universal remote, as long as it supports Roku. It should say so on the box.

You cannot use the mobile app until the Roku is connected to the network.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Staceyliving 

How did you connect your Roku to her network? I'm thinking perhaps you haven't done that yet. And you can't connect to a new network (that is, new or different credentials) without a remote.

If your device is a stick, which plugs directly into the TV, then you'll need a Voice Remote ($20) which you could find at Walmart, Target, Best Buy, etc. If it's not a stick, in which case you'll connect to the TV with an HDMI cable, then you can get any cheap universal remote, as long as it supports Roku. It should say so on the box.

You cannot use the mobile app until the Roku is connected to the network.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Mine uses HDMI. And u answered my question! Tyvm! I can not believe they would make something that can not be used without the remote!

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@Staceyliving 

There is kind of a workaround using using  2 mobile devices (phones/tablets) and a mobile hotspot (if available) when you forgot your remote but you have already set it up somewhere else like you have.  Basically, after you get it set up on a hotspot, you can move it over to your mom's network and then use your mobile app as a remote again.

May be easier to watch than explain.  (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyhRNolATzo)

Hope that helps you.

Edit... If you don't have two mobile devices, you can use your laptop as a hotspot with some free programs such as Connectify and others if you need to install something.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102