Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erika3

No consistency with Roku app on iOS mobile device and when it will find devices on network

Roku app version: 9.10.0.9514639.43

iOS version: iOS 17.3

Edited to add: This issue started a few months ago and aligns to right around the time we changed the modem and router in our house to support WiFi 6. I'm not sure if that's related or not.

We have 3 Roku devices in our house and this happens regardless of the device. Some days the mobile app will recognize the devices and some days it won't. Sometimes turning WiFi off on my phone and then turning it back on will make the devices available but sometimes it doesn't. I've also tried turning off the Private WiFi option on my phone and that worked once but didn't work again. I have gone through the "How to connect your phone to a Roku streaming device with the Roku mobile app" document/page including the troubleshooting steps and tried things listed in the other threads related to this issue such as:

1) Trying to manually pair by the IP address of the Roku device: when I tried that it gives me an error saying that the IP address doesn't match a device even though it matches what's on the Roku Network screen, and

2) Unplugging the Roku device and plugging it back in: didn't make a difference.

3) Deleting the devices from the Roku app and re-adding them: didn't make a difference.

4) Deleting the Roku app and re-installing: didn't make a difference.

I love Roku. I have owned many Roku devices for years without issue. However, this issue is really frustrating for me and any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Screenshot of view from my mobile app this morning is attached in case it's useful in any way. I cannot get my "Living room" device to connect this morning although it and the "Office" device were both connected to the app yesterday at different points. I tried running through all the troubleshooting things above this morning and nothing is making a difference.

IMG_3733.PNG

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No consistency with Roku app on iOS mobile device and when it will find devices on network

Hi @erika3,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Is your wireless router broadcasting in 2.4GHz or 5GHz? Some wireless networks have different frequencies. Are you making sure that the mobile device is connected to the same wireless network frequency? In addition, who is your ISP (internet service provider) and what brand and model router are you using?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos