Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
androzz

Need advice on YouTube app updated?

Hi! I have noticed over the last few days that the YouTube app on Roku doesn’t let me go to my subscription tab anymore. I only have access to the search tab and the home tab. All of the other tabs are now completely gone. Is this a new update? Anyone else experiencing this?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
akrach
Reel Rookie

Re: Need advice on YouTube app updated?

Yes, mine started doing this last night (Oct. 6).  Exact same thing.  I tried rebooting the Roku, unplugging for a while, uninstalling the YouTube app and reinstalling.  Same thing.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@akrach& @androzz --

This could be a side effect of your systems updating to Roku operating software version 11.5, which is gradually rolling out right now.

Roku menu path Settings > System > System update will show you your current Roku version number and when it was installed.   While there, it never hurts to click on Check now to check for any more recent updates.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
akrach
Reel Rookie

Just following up on this post - I just tried it again about 10 minutes ago (4:20 PM EDT) and it seems to be working now.  It remembered my previous login and the left side menu items are there.  Software says I'm at latest version - 11.0.0 Build 4193, installed May 4th.  This is an Ultra box that is about 2 years old.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Since  your system had not yet updated to Roku 11.5, odds are that YouTube once again screwed up an update to the Roku-compatible version of their app, and has now fixed it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos