Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brantjmj

Mobile won’t connect to tv

We have a TCL in the kid’s room and it no longer will show up to connect on the app. Our other Roku TV and Roku device work as normal. I’ve tried manually connecting, restarting the tv, the app, my phone, the router, using someone else’s phone. Disconnecting and reconnecting everything to the internet. We even got a new router and everything connects to the internet fine. The tv works, just will not connect to my app anymore. It doesn’t even show up as a device, and when connecting manually it tells me no device is at that IP Address.  Not sure what to do! 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Mobile won’t connect to tv

Hi @Brantjmj

Thank you for the post.

If your TCL Roku TV is not showing up on the Roku app and you have already tried all the basic troubleshooting steps like restarting the TV, the app, your phone, the router, and connecting to a new Wi-Fi network, there are a few more advanced steps you can try:

• Check the network settings on your TV: Make sure that the TCL Roku TV is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your smartphone. Go to Settings > Network > Check Connection on your TV to confirm that it is connected to the Wi-Fi network.
  • Reset the TV to factory settings: If the network settings on your TV seem to be correct, you can try resetting the TV to its factory settings. Go to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset on your TCL Roku TV. This will erase all settings and data on the TV, so be sure to back up any important information before doing this.
  • Check for software updates: Make sure that your TCL Roku TV is running the latest software version. Go to Settings > System > System update on your TV to check for any available updates.
  • Check your router settings: Some routers have settings that can block certain devices from connecting to the network. Check your router settings to make sure that the TCL Roku TV is not being blocked.

We hope it helps!

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos