Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AustinStudent
Reel Rookie

Mobile app keyboard not working for FandangoNow password entry

I recently purchased and set up a Roku Ultra LT. I found that Fandango Now was not included in the main Roku menu, so I added the FN channel. Since my FN password is 15 characters - mixed case with symbols and numbers - I naturally wanted to use the mobile app keyboard to enter it. I connected the mobile app to the Roku Ultra LT and used it to navigate to the password entry screen. I invoked the mobile app keyboard and started typing. I could see the password in the mobile app keyboard "platen", but not on the TV screen. When I finished typing, I pressed "enter" on the mobile app keyboard, but the password still did not appear on the TV screen. What is the magic incantation to get the mobile app to work in this scenario?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Mobile app keyboard not working for FandangoNow password entry

You probably need to move the cursor to the password field, then hit OK to select it. Once selected, you should be able to type in the password. When it's working each key entered should show on the screen.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
AustinStudent
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the suggestion, but evidently that doesn't do the trick. When I indicate I want to sign in, the cursor goes directly to the first position of the "email" field. If I click OK, the on-screen keypad pops up and I can use it from the mobile app using the arrow keys. If I delete any typing and dismiss the on-screen keypad, the mobile app keyboard still doesn't work. I get the same result whether or not I delete any typing and/or dismiss the on-screen keypad.

BTW, I uninstalled and re-installed the mobile app from the google play store to be sure I have the latest rev. No luck with that, either.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Same thing with iPhone.

It appears to be something wrong with the FandangoNow app. The keyboard works on other apps.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos

Hi  I had a word stuck in my keyboard that would not go away.  The fix is easy go to ROKU search

The keyboard  should pop up empty of any word, type a film or TV show on your keyboard I typed Psych!  Problem solved

0 Kudos