Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Remington99
Streaming Star

Support has gone silent - can I lookup a support ticket online

I submitted a support ticket regarding the issues the Roku App is having with iOS 16.x - aka the app crashes (there are many posts in the community regarding these issues).  Initially support responded wanting serial number, OS level, etc, and I responded to all of that.  Now support has gone silent.  Despite several inquiries by e-mail requesting an update, I have heard nothing.

Is there a way I can lookup my support call on-line to see what activity there has been?  I would be happy if they simply responded saying they are working on the problem.  Or better still, provide a rough estimated fix time.

It may be that their engineering group is struggling with iOS 16, however silence is never the answer.  For all I know, they aren't working on the problems at all.  Robust communications is always the right choice.  If they are inundated with people creating support calls for iOS 16.x (which may be the case based on the community postings) then they could issue a blanket statement letting everyone know they are working on the issues.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: IPhone 14 Pro Private listening crashes Roku app

@StomakMonkee @noahphex

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
  • when did you start seeing this issue occur

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Support has gone silent - can I lookup a support ticket online

@Remington99

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

I have passed along your concerns and information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
turtleescape
Reel Rookie

I'm in the same boat with a iPhone 14 pro max and a Roku express. Pretty frustrating, I have tried all the re install the app and wipe the Roku and re set it to factory, still no luck. I'm about to buy an Apple TV just so I have something that works...

noahphex
Channel Surfer

Hey Danny,

• Model - 3810X Roku Streaming Stick+
  • Serial - YH00CK733407
  • Software version - 11.5.0 - Build 4312-50
  • Device ID - C1393C733407
  • Tracker ID - 07-038-295

To reproduce, just have the Roku running, I put it on the Home screen but it can also be in any app, like YouTube, then on the iPhone 14 Max Pro (iOS 16.3), run the Roku app, connect to the Roku Streaming Stick and then tap the headphone icon and it'll just pop up some kind of screen that I can't see because it immediately crashes.

Hoping for a fix but considering all the posts on here with no luck, I'm not confident.

0 Kudos
Mcnasty
Channel Surfer

I've been monitoring this topic hoping for an answer. I also have a support ticket in with Roku for this issue Reference# 6814906. I've been working with a gentleman named Sri. He was getting back to me trying a few things to see if it would help, but nothing has so far.  Then he just went dark and it's now been about 2 weeks with no update or replies.

Private listening is probably the most important feature that I use for Roku. This would be a deal breaker if it cannot be resolved. There are many competing streaming devices out there, but I'd love to be able to remain with Roku since I already have their devices all over my house : )

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@noahphex

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ToddG80
Reel Rookie

Also upgraded to an iPhone 14 pro recently. Roku ultra 4670x

iphone app crashes every time I try to connect to private listening. 

I have two Roku devices and since upgrading, the app will often only detect one of them on my network. I can manually enter the ip address and connect, but then I lose connection to the other. 

0 Kudos
plainjanedfw
Channel Surfer

Re: Support has gone silent - can I lookup a support ticket online

Roku Team/RokuDanny-R,

How long is this going to go on?  So many of us have been posting this issue for months now.   We have all tried the numerous "fixes" to no avail.  

Can you give us an ETA?

CallieD
Reel Rookie

Same issue - recently transferred to iPhone 14 Max Pro and Roku mobile app 1) cannot detect my Roku devices, 2) keeps crashing when private listening icon is tapped. Please provide a solution! 

0 Kudos