Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Huggy1596
Channel Surfer

IPhone 14 Pro Private listening crashes Roku app

Jump to solution

I have just upgraded to iPhone 14 Pro and when I enable private listening the Roku app crashes and exits immediately.

I am running iOS 16.0.2 

Also was told by Roku help to delete and reinstall app.  After doing this, the app does not find any Roku devices and I have to manually enter IP addresses to find them.

issue is confined to my iPhone 14 Pro as we also have in the same house IPhone XS and iPhone 12, both running same iOS with no issues with the app or private listening.

any ideas anyone?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Huggy1596
Channel Surfer

Re: IPhone 14 Pro Private listening crashes Roku app

Jump to solution

After a while on the phone with Apple trying things, we did a full backup and then restore and it worked a treat.

everything is now working.

Backup and then restore solved the problem

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
brehas
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same issue here, only with iPhone 12 on 16.02.  After updating to 16 the app would see one Roku out of three.  Reinstalled the app and it can't find any.  Wife's phone is also on 16 and can see 2/3.

Huggy1596
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

After trying lots of things, I can airplay to my Rokus and also screen mirror.

The Roku app still doesn’t find them and most of it works with manual IP address adding, but private listening still crashes.

Roku support have said that as it works in 16.0.2 on my other devices, it is my iPhone14 Pro which is at fault, hence my post here as support cannot help.

the iPhone is brand new and it’s only the app which has an issue

Huggy1596
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

After a while on the phone with Apple trying things, we did a full backup and then restore and it worked a treat.

everything is now working.

Backup and then restore solved the problem

0 Kudos
Rrwd
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same exact problem and that solutions does not work.  Did a full back and restore and devices not found... and if doing manual IP it does find it but Private Listening kills the app.   Sucks!

brehas
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Rrwd I started a new thread because I'm interested in figuring out the discovery issue.  https://community.roku.com/t5/Community-Discussions/Roku-app-doesn-t-discover-Roku-Devices/m-p/82380...

I'm curious, do you have the same situation as I do? Is the 3rd octet on your Roku and phone the same?

0 Kudos
Rrwd
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

All of my devices are on DHCP IP:  10.0.0.2  thru  10.0.0.253

On this network, I have two iPhones and two Roku devices.  My iPhone 6s on iOS 15 works fine.  My iPhone 14 on iOS 16 will not find the Roku devices.

0 Kudos
plainjanedfw
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Did anyone find a solution to the Roku app crashing when private listening is selected?  I did the backup and reinstall, i turned off notifications, nothing has worked.  This is just since I upgraded to iPhone 14 running iOS 16.1

Rrwd
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I curious, does your Roku app find your Roku device?   Mine does not.

I'm in contact with Roku support (for a few weeks now) and they are very slow to respond and have not been very helpful.   Just yesterday I submitted screenshots from my iPhone 14 and from my iPhone 6s, which does work.  We'll see if they're interested in fixing this.

plainjanedfw
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, my app finds the device (at least the one TV I am trying. haven't tried all the other tv's in the house yet with the new phone).   And the remote on the app works and will control the tv.  But as soon as I hit the headphones for private listening, the app crashes.   The private listening is the important part for me.  I listen thru my airpods that are connected to the iPhone 14.