Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sandy391217
Reel Rookie

I upgraded My internet, and my roku stick won't work with the phone remote??

I upgraded my internet, and my roku stick remote got lost. I can seem to be able tonapir it with my phone remote?? And advice?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I upgraded My internet, and my roku stick won't work with the phone remote??

Hi @Sandy391217,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!
We understand you're having trouble connecting your Roku mobile app to your Roku streaming stick. We're happy to assist you, but we will need more details. Is your Roku device connected to your home network? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? In the meantime, you can refer to this support article here.

We'll wait for your response, and please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sandy391217
Reel Rookie

Re: I upgraded My internet, and my roku stick won't work with the phone remote??

When i upgraded the internet. The phone remote said it couldn't find the specific roku stick. I out in my ip address like it stated (to manually do it) and it says there isn't a device at that ip address. I tried reseting the roku device and still am not getting anywhere. And the remotes for these things are as much as the device. 

0 Kudos
Sandy391217
Reel Rookie

Would also like to note, I have other tvs in the home that are roku but those remotes won't work on the stick. I also still have the info on my phone remote. But it won't allow me to connect. I'm assuming it is the internet connection. But why if I upgraded the internet, is it not showing? My other devices did. 

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Does your upgraded internet have the same SSID and passphrase as before? 

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Sandy391217
Reel Rookie

No, it does not. 

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Ah, then your Roku is not connected to the new Wi-Fi so the phone won’t be able to find it.  The easiest way to make this work is to just make the new SSID and passphrase the same.  Then everything just connects as before.  Oh wait – when you said you reset the Roku, did you mean a factory reset?  If so, then it lost the old info too.  But if it was just a simple reset, then the (previous) SSID and passphrase are still in there.

Banned but back. Because why not?