Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
totaljustice
Reel Rookie

How do I stop the Roku mobile app from displaying a prompt to stream from phone

Every time I use certain apps (The NFL app to name one) on my Samsung Galaxy S23, I get a roku prompt to connect my phone to the Roku to stream it. I don't want this prompt to appear and have disabled notification. I am trying to insert a screenshot to show what I mean. This is more than a little frustrating. Thanks for any help you can provide.

1000038096.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How do I stop the Roku mobile app from displaying a prompt to stream from phone

Hi @totaljustice,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate your inquiry regarding the behavior you are observing, and we would like to know more.

We'd like to learn more and help others better understand. Could you tell us if you've been observing this behavior recently? Or tell us, when did you start seeing this?

Keep us posted!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
totaljustice
Reel Rookie

Re: How do I stop the Roku mobile app from displaying a prompt to stream from phone

Thanks for getting back to me. This has been doing it from right out of the box. It does it mainly with the NFL app when I go to watch in app videos. I don't want this prompt to appear on my phone at anytime. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@totaljustice,

Thanks for the update!

We'll communicate this over to the concerned team, and we really do appreciate your feedback about this.

If there's anything else that we can do to further assist you, feel free to get back here.

With regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos