Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sid_Dithers
Channel Surfer

Headphone mode forgotten by Staff?

I posted this a year ago (https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-mobile-app/Roku-iPhone-App-Private-Listening-No-Sound/td-p/850926) and still haven't heard anything.

Since this problem seems to be with the app on my phone, I would think an answer would be easy-ish? Even if it's "your phone isn't compatible" would be great. 

Please, can someone help?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Private listening problem forgotten by staff?

Hi @Sid_Dithers,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're sorry for any inconvenience that it may have caused using the Roku mobile app's private listening feature. Also, we apologize for the delay in a resolution. Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing since the last post was made over a year ago? Have you tried removing the app from your mobile device and reinstalling it to see if you are still experiencing the same issue? Does the issue occur when playing a specific channel or all the channels installed on your Roku device?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sid_Dithers
Channel Surfer

Yes, I've removed the app several times. I get frustrated and give up for a few months and then do it all over again. I've tried it with multiple Bluetooth headphones as well. Restarted the phone, restarted the Roku TV, etc. I've got an old Android phone and I've tried using that instead, only to find exactly the same problem. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Sid_Dithers

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We're sorry to hear that the issue has been persistent regarding the Headphone mode on your Roku mobile app, and we'd be more than willing to assist. We also appreciate your efforts in resolving the issue. Rest assured that we'll forward this issue to the appropriate Roku team since this will be subject to further investigation.

In the meantime, it would be helpful if you could provide the following information as this will guide the investigation to a successful resolution.

• Roku mobile app version
  • Mobile device information such as brand, model, and OS version
  • The app where the headphone mode does not work and its version/build. (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).

After receiving the necessary information from you, our dedicated team will carefully analyze the issue and work towards finding a suitable solution.

We hope for your patience and understanding as we work on this.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sid_Dithers
Channel Surfer

Okay, the Roku mobile app software version is 10.0.3.11287143.5

I'm using an iPhone 12, iOS version 17.3.1

I'm kinda confused by the last request of "the app where the headphone mode does not work". Is this the Roku TV itself or the app on my iPhone?

Also, I forgot to add this earlier, but I've done a full reset of the Roku TV twice since this problem started (once just yesterday). 

Thanks!

0 Kudos