Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DadOfFour
Reel Rookie

Error attempting to sign in to mobile app on second iPhone

I just purchased a Roku TV today and set up a Roku account. The mobile app launches and signs me in just fine on my iPhone 12 Pro but I am unable to sign into the account on my wife’s iPhone 11 Pro. “ERROR Something went wrong, please try again later.”  I am wondering if there is a way to fix this. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
tyger
Channel Surfer

Re: Error attempting to sign in to mobile app on second iPhone

I have the same problem. Roku Tv works fine. Roku mobile app on android phone works fine, but Roku mobile app on tablet won't allow sign in with email and password. Have restarted app, tablet, uninstalled app, reinstalled app, restarted tablet, and still Roku mobile app won't accept exact same sign-in credentials that work on android mobile phone. It's very frustrating because I was planning to use tablet as Roku remote. Also, this tablet accepts same sign-in credentials for Roku smart home app. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @DadOfFour @tyger!

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention. No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution possible.

In this case, we highly recommend changing your Roku passwords, deleting the existing app, restarting your phone/tablet, and reinstalling it to see if it will make any difference. 

Let us know how it goes. We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I am also having the same issue and followed the steps and still no luck with signing in. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Nattypatty23,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with signing in to the Roku Mobile app. We'd like to know more about it to help you further. Please provide us with more details.

• Have you tried logging in to the browser or computer? 
  • Do your login credentials match and let you sign in when trying on a browser or other phone? (Try changing the password if not)
  • Is your mobile phone connected to the same wireless network as your Roku device?
  • Is your Apple or Android software version compatible?
  • What are the troubleshooting steps that you have taken?

To use the Roku mobile app to connect to your Roku device, please ensure your mobile device is connected to the same wireless network as your Roku device. The Roku app for iOS is compatible with Apple devices running iOS version 11.0 or higher, while the Roku app for Android is compatible with Android devices running Android version 5.0 or higher. You can also check this article for more details on how to sign in with your Roku mobile app.

Let us know so we can further assist you. We'll be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tyger
Channel Surfer

I've tried all these steps and it still does not work. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @tyger,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

Please provide the details for the above-mentioned questions so we can look further into this issue.

We anticipate your response.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tyger
Channel Surfer

• Have you tried logging in to the browser or computer? YES, it works
  • Do your login credentials match and let you sign in when trying on a browser or other phone? (Try changing the password if not) YES logins match, YES, login to browser works, NO login to android tablet does not work
  • Is your mobile phone connected to the same wireless network as your Roku device? YES, Roku device (TCL 65R635) is hard-wired into same router/network as android tablet
  • Is your Apple or Android software version compatible? I don't know and this may be the problem. I am using an Amazon Fire HD10 tablet with the Google play store installed. It appears that this tablet gets disqualified from participating in the Roku/Android app sign-in because it is not a regular generic android OS; it is the Amazon Fire OS, instead of Android. Is this why I can't sign into the app on this tablet? I just wanted to use this tablet as a remote which I can do just fine in guest mode. If I'm using an Amazon tablet with the Roku app, is it guest mode only for me?
  • What are the troubleshooting steps that you have taken? All that were suggested previously
0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @tyger

We'd like to gather additional information for this to be taken a closer look at.

• Brand, model, and current OS that your mobile device is running.
  • Version of the Roku mobile app that your mobile device is using.
  • Error codes/messages prompt when accessing the Roku mobile app.
  • Tried using alternative,s such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you're able to access it?

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DadOfFour
Reel Rookie

Thanks Carly. Tried these steps and same result - error if trying to login on wife’s phone. 

0 Kudos