Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
User1927
Reel Rookie

Disable IOS - need assistance

Jump to solution

Hello,

what is the fix for this keyboard issue? As soon as I launch the Roku remote app it goes straight to keyboard and freezes. I have deleted and reinstalled the app, I have connected and disconnected my Roku remote from the device and nothing has changed. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Disable IOS - need assistance

Jump to solution

Hi! @User1927,

Thanks for the post,

We appreciate your response, and we need to perform some troubleshooting steps.

• Restart your Roku device. To restart your Roku device, you can unplug the power cable, wait a moment, and reconnect it. Or you can use the following steps to restart it from the Settings menu:
    1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
    2. Scroll and select Settings.
    3. Select System
    4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
    5. Select System Restart

After your Roku device powers back on, make sure it is connected to the correct Wi-Fi network.

• Restart the Roku mobile app. Restart the app by doing one of the following:
    • Swipe up or double-click the iOS home button on an Apple device, then swipe the Roku app to close it.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you. 

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @User1927,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We acknowledge that you're having issues with the Roku mobile app, and we would be more than glad to assist. Could you please tell us more information about the issue? What brand, model, and OS version is your mobile device?

We would appreciate your response for us to assist you further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
User1927
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have an Apple iPhone 14 Pro and the iOS version is 16.6. Whenever I launch the Roku remote on the app it goes straight through the keyboard and freezes a bit.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi! @User1927,

Thanks for the post,

We appreciate your response, and we need to perform some troubleshooting steps.

• Restart your Roku device. To restart your Roku device, you can unplug the power cable, wait a moment, and reconnect it. Or you can use the following steps to restart it from the Settings menu:
    1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
    2. Scroll and select Settings.
    3. Select System
    4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
    5. Select System Restart

After your Roku device powers back on, make sure it is connected to the correct Wi-Fi network.

• Restart the Roku mobile app. Restart the app by doing one of the following:
    • Swipe up or double-click the iOS home button on an Apple device, then swipe the Roku app to close it.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you. 

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
User1927
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello,

Thank you for the tips, it helped and the keyboard is no longer auto-launching. 

0 Kudos