Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JCoop1980

Cannot find Roku in app, to use phone as remote

Jump to solution

I have re loaded everything, in my account it shows my Roku, I try connecting manually, it says can't find that IP address, I can literally screen mirror to it, but it will say, while attached and screen mirroring, that it cannot detect my Device in order to use my phone as a remote in the Roku app. This makes zero sense!!!!.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Cannot find Roku in app, to use phone as remote

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @JCoop1980!

Thanks for sharing your concern about the Roku mobile app with us. No worries. We're eager to find you the best resolution possible so you can use your mobile phone as a remote effectively. 

We suggest deleting the app, reboot your smartphone, and then reinstalling it to try and link your device again. Make sure that you install the official Roku mobile app for it to work effectively. After doing so, refer to our Support article on How to connect your phone to your Roku streaming player.

Please take note that you can't use the mobile app as a remote while using the screen mirroring feature at the same time on the same smartphone. 

Let us know how it goes, and we'll go from there. We'll be anticipating your update!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Cannot find Roku in app, to use phone as remote

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @JCoop1980!

Thanks for sharing your concern about the Roku mobile app with us. No worries. We're eager to find you the best resolution possible so you can use your mobile phone as a remote effectively. 

We suggest deleting the app, reboot your smartphone, and then reinstalling it to try and link your device again. Make sure that you install the official Roku mobile app for it to work effectively. After doing so, refer to our Support article on How to connect your phone to your Roku streaming player.

Please take note that you can't use the mobile app as a remote while using the screen mirroring feature at the same time on the same smartphone. 

Let us know how it goes, and we'll go from there. We'll be anticipating your update!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.