Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rick1066

Re: Cannot connect New IPhone 14 Plus to Roku Devices using Roku App

I’m in the same boat as most users here. 2 new iPhone 14 promax, one works fine, the other does not work. Tried all the steps but wiping the phone…. Not going there! Roku needs to fix this!

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Rick1066

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Make sure both devices are on the same network and in the same band. If you are running iOS 14 or later, you must enable the Local Network setting on your mobile device for the Roku app. Go to Settings > Roku and enable the toggle for Local Network. Confirm your Roku TV is using a private IP address.
Most Wi-Fi routers create two separate networks for each Wi-Fi frequency band (2.4GHz and 5GHz). Though technically it shouldn’t matter if your phone and Roku are using different frequencies (both bands share the same subnet on your router so devices can talk to one another), to be absolutely sure, place both your phone and your Roku on the same Wi-Fi frequency band.
For other troubleshooting steps to connect the Roku Mobile app to your device please visit our Support page: Why does the Roku mobile app not see my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
GreenScrew
Channel Surfer

Same boat here, iPhone 14 and the Roku app not working! Soooo frustrating. Reset is also out of the question for me. Please Roku team, fix the bug!!!!!

wbcincy

It would be cool if you'd stop posting the same thing over and over that does not work.

This is not a problem with being on the right band. The Roku device is simply not showing up on the iphone 14. Stop just repeating over and over "did you uninstall and reinstall? Did you make sure it's the same band?" We know, that isn't fixing anything.

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @wbcincy

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at Roku.

May we ask what Roku model devices are you using? What brand, model, and OS is your mobile device? Has there any changes made recently that might be causing unable to detect your Roku device?

Please keep us posted on what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
terry106sc
Binge Watcher

Thanks for following up.  The only thing that is new is the iPhone 14 Pro Max and an update to iOS to 16.4.

ROKU Information:

Roku Device Model:  3941X2. - Roku Express 4K+

Serial Number:  X022003MA2U3

Device ID:  S0HAK2AMA2U3

Software OS Version:  11.5.0 - build 4315-E4

Mobile Device Brand:  Apple

Mobile Device Model:  iPhone 14 Pro Max

Mobile Device OS Version: 16.4.1

Roku Mobile App Version:  9.1.0.31

0 Kudos
GreenScrew
Channel Surfer

@RokuKarla 

I hope based on the history of this thread you can understand there is a problem with the Roku app on an iPhone 14 device. The problem is not specific to any particular Roku device model. There is very good information in this thread to assist the developers of the app to troubleshoot and locate the problem. I hope the developers have been informed of and are actively looking in to resolving the app issue.

Consider that I personally have 11 various models of Roku devices including TCL and Hisense Roku TVs. This is at 2 different homes. All of the devices work perfectly fine with 2 different iPhones and 2 iPads. No problem at all. And on my iPhone 14 NONE of the Roku devices are found. The iPhones are on the same version of iOS.

So the issue seems to clearly be specific to the Roku app on an iPhone 14. Nothing else matters! Why does resetting the iPhone 14 seem to fix the problem for some people? I guess you might blame the problem on the phone however I would argue it’s an interoperability issue between the phone AND the Roku app. 

SantaFeSandman
Channel Surfer

So I used to be able to manually connect ipadress but with the new update I can’t find the option. But before when I tried to connect the headphone it would crash the app. 

I tried all the solutions including resetting the iPhone.  Still not working. 

YOU NEED TO FORWARD THIS ISSUE TO THR DEVELOPER TEAM. 

yes, most likely someone on your team will be fired because this issue has been going on for months and it should have been communicated to the appropriate tech team. 

And yes. , I will troll you in twitter and email. 

To all the other people who are reading this, including thousands of people just reading because it’s a pain to log in and comment, and to those who actually commented,

Clearly  the moderator is following a protocol that does not work. He keeps saying the same answer over and over. 

I think this is an issue where support team does not have a direct communication to the tech team. ( if they did, the moderator will write something like “ I’ll check with the technical team and get back to you”. 

So unfortunately I think the only way to get them to fix this issue is troll them. Troll them on twitter, Instagram, social media. Just write hateful comments. 

This will result in social media team communicating to the management and they will get the tech team involved because the trolling is horrible for branding and company image. 

no matter what we say here will result in this issue being resolved. They simply don’t have a way to communicate to the app developer team. 

so please write a nasty review on Apple app review. Try to comment a few times a month or more on their social media. That will definitely let the people with the power to fix this issue to take action. 

and they will also see how long this thread had been going, not to mention posts on Reddit, and will likely implement a protocol so if it happens again, it is communicated to the app developers. 

the app developers are simply not aware of this issue. 

I'm a professional Quality Assurance Manager. This is a real problem with iPhone 14/14 Pro and Roku/TCL. The iOS app simply does not connect to the TV. Why isn't Roku addressing this massive problem?

SantaFeSandman
Channel Surfer

Okay..  so get ready for this irony

non official Roku remote apps, like Rokie,  does connect to the Roku tv 🤣🤣🤣

(Although I haven’t been able to find one with private listening mode)

0 Kudos