Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TBoro
Channel Surfer

Cannot connect New IPhone 14 Plus to Roku devices

We currently have 4 Roku devices on our home network, all previously working with the Roku App on multiple IPhone 12s.  We recently upgraded three phones to the IPhone 14.  Two phones are working properly with the App and the Roku devices.  One of our phones does not recognize any of our Roku devices using the Roku app.  We have confirmed the phone and devices are on the same network (5g).  We have uninstalled and reinstalled the Roku App.  We have reinstalled the phone from back up.  We have successfully installed a singular Roku device manually with the IP address but cannot install more than one at a time.  We are looking for additional options to resolve this issue.

Labels (2)
59 REPLIES 59
Joekingtx

Can’t connect on new iPhone 14 pro max

I have an onn Roku tv and have d/led the Roku app on my iPad and iPhone works fine on iPad but iPhone says it can’t find device. On same network and allow access but nothing. Worked fine on my iPhone 10

Re: Can’t connect on new iPhone 14 pro max

Have the same with SO’s iPhone 14 Pro  (iOS 16.3) Max where she can only find the device via IP. Even then she can’t start the tv via the Roku app but only control after it’s woken up. I have no such issues with iPhone X (iOS 16.1.1).

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@WatchMyWatch 

Thanks for the post.

Have you verified that the mobile device and Roku TV are on the same wireless network, and not a different frequency? Have you tried rebooting your wireless network to see if that helps?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kmeier003
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same issue. We were thinking it was an issue with the network, since my older iPhone wasn’t 5G accessible and the 14 pro max is. So we created a 2G. network for the roku and phone to connect to. But that still doesn’t work. I would really appreciate any help with this matter as it’s been extremely frustrating. My husbands phone and kids iPads have no issues connecting. Just my 14 pro max. 

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Kmeier003

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Are your phone and Roku device using the same network? Do you get any error messages? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

To help troubleshoot the issue further, follow this link: How to use AirPlay and HomeKit with your Roku® streaming device 

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
jeremiahmccl
Reel Rookie

Spirited-Pea-1706 on reddit shared this:

"I’m super late, but I just had this issue, and I wanted to comment what helped me fix it (just in case anyone else is having this problem). I’m on an iPhone, and I went to my settings- then Wifi- then clicked on the Wifi I am connected to. It will show things like “auto-join”, “Low Data Mode”, etc. You should see “Private Wi-Fi Address”. If that’s turned on, turn it off. Then go to your Roku app & your device should be on there & you should be able to connect. This is what I did, and my device appeared & I was able to connect. After connecting, I switched the “Private Wi-Fi address” back on again & everything is still working perfectly. I hope this helps anyone else who has this issue."

This worked for many. Unfortunately it didn't work for me. 

0 Kudos
Kmeier003
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the advice! Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to be working for me either. 

0 Kudos
jeremiahmccl
Reel Rookie

Just out of curiosity, are you using a mesh network system like Netgear Orbis or Amazon Eeros? 

I have Orbis and I am curious if those have something to do with the issue or if it is an iPhone 14 pro issue, or some combination of the two. I noticed other people having issues were using Eeros or Orbis. 

0 Kudos
Kmeier003
Reel Rookie

I’m not using a mesh network system. But I have recently switched my internet over to fiber-optics internet. I’m not sure if this has anything to do with it? Or if it’s just a 14 pro max issue. It’s extremely frustrating. There HAS to be a fix for this. 

0 Kudos