Roku mobile app

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: As of 7/9/2021 Fast forward and rewind doesn't work on HULU.

Jump to solution

@Audie wrote:

I cannot fast forward or rewind on Hulu through Roku. It is not Hulu, because when I use my Hulu through a different device, it works fine. This is a problem only through Roku.

Yes, it is Hulu. The app you use on a different device is written in a different programming language, and most likely be different developers. It has nothing to do with Roku. It's completely a Hulu problem. Hulu is solely responsible for their channel on Roku devices. Roku does not create, maintain or support channels for other providers. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Terminator27
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue.  We have 5 devices that are either roku tvs.. or have  roku boxes hooked up to them. This cant rewind or fast forward is happening  on all of them.  After reading the hulu community  comments however It only seems to be happening to folks watching on  roku devices.  At the same time only happening with the  hulu app itself. I did a chat with a hulu rep or robot not entierly sure which, whom stated they were aware of the issue and are looking I to it , but I think they were hinting at this being a roku issue. If roku blames hulu and  hulu blames roku us as the customers are left S.O.L.......Well here's hoping one of these companies figures out how to fix this.

0 Kudos
Beverly-3
Level 8

Jump to solution

You are right!! I did try hulu on a different device and it worked just fine. Also, called family and friends who don't have roku. No problems with HULU. I'm going to send this problem back to Roku. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You aren't listening. Yes, it's happening only on Roku devices. But the app for Roku is not the same app on other devices. It is not the same code, nor the same programming language. Hulu is responsible for their channel on Roku devices, and they are the ones that broke it. If they are blaming Roku, they are simply deflecting blame as they try to fix their error. Do not compare how it works on your TV, Fire TV, phone, or other device. It's a completely different program.

This is not a Roku problem. Hulu broke their app's functionality and they have to fix it. If it happened with other channels, and not just Hulu, then you have a valid argument that it might be Roku. But since it works just fine in every other channel, it's not the Roku that caused it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Jump to solution

@Beverly-3 wrote:

You are right!! I did try hulu on a different device and it worked just fine. Also, called family and friends who don't have roku. No problems with HULU. I'm going to send this problem back to Roku. 

Thanks 

This issue was caused by a bad Hulu app update a few days ago (6.45.1) - Hulu entirely codes and develops their app on all platforms, including Roku.

Hulu has already conceded its their bad app update - if you contact Hulu CS they will acknowledge it, and give you credit.

0 Kudos
gigi7_19
Level 7

I cannot FF or rewind on the HULU app.

Jump to solution

I am unable to FF or rewind on my HULU app as of 2 days ago. It says I have to wait for a pause which means an ad. I pay for no ads with HULU. I called them & they tried to repair it but says it is a ROKU issue. I just want whoever needs to fix this to do it

0 Kudos
gigi7_19
Level 7

Jump to solution

That’s what I was thinking but I did talk to Hulu tonight. They insisted it wasn’t on their end. I feel it is. May have to call back again & get another tech. 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Jump to solution

Hulu app update version 6.45.2 released - fixes FF/RW and playback quality indicators

0 Kudos
Ootlayorhay
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hulu has released an update to fix the fast-forward/rewind issue.  If you still have version 6.45.1 (the new version is 6.45.2) here’s how to update to the new version that fixes the problem:

Head to the Roku home menu and select Settings > System > System Update > Check Now > click OK.  It will automatically look for the new version and update for you.

I did this and it’s working fine now.

0 Kudos