Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Remote app widget

So the remote widget I have on my Android phone does not work. It just opens the full app. Is there a fix for this or is the widget completely useless?

Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Mike99

Re: Android Remote app widget

Roku Android App

*** Roku Streambar # 9102R ***

Why can you only control a Roku Streambar #9102R with a Roku hard plastic battery powered remote?

Most Raku devices can be controlled by a Roku App, such as, a Roku Android App on an Android cell phone. Does Roku have any future development plans to include the Roku Streambar as one of the devices supported by the Roku App on Android cell phones?

BTW, the Roku online "Support Chat" hasn't been able to figure this situation out.

tc24
Reel Rookie

Re: Android Remote app widget for Streambar

Has there been any response on this?  I just added a Streambar to my system, and the

Android Remote app can not find it when searching for devices.  I don't have this problem

with any of the other Roku devices on my network.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@tc24

Thanks for the post.

Have you already activated your Roku Streambar? Have you made sure that you Streambar and mobile device are on the same wireless network?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Way2Angel4U
Channel Surfer

to this problem... ME TOO!! Ive even tried other NON ROKU APPS... none of them work with my Streambar and something is really wrong... even with new batteries, my Voice remote wont work. AT ALL. My Streambar keeps flashing yellow and the TV is frozen on the "go/roku.....remotehelp" I did ALL that trouble shooting.... NOTHING... sill frozen .  Oh and the Roku App to watch on my phone...?  Yeah it will NOT accept my password, or maybe my email... it just keeps saying one of them isn't correct.... Im sorry but, wtf... I spent over 3 hours on this last night, after Hubby spent 2 hours in the afternoon... now Im awake again and this is driving me bonkers....  PLEASE HELP!  Everything worked JUST FINE, until night before last. I clicked on a channel to open it and..... that was it.... frozen and flashing yellow, even after SEVERAL unplugs and resets.

*and yes, we only have one network and we have only had this system for 6 months, so my remote BETTER NOT be done for..... We also have a Roku TV in the bedroom, but being disabled, Im up in my chair during 70% to 80% of my down time...  so please HELP!

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.... Way2

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Way2Angel4U

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, there is only one Roku remote app. For more information about this mobile app, visit our Support page here: Connect the mobile app to your Roku Please be aware that the mobile device will need to be on the same wireless network as the Roku device.

In regards to your remote for the Roku device, we would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: Fix your remote

If you are still unable to resolve the issue with your Roku device remote, can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Thank you finally i find the solution in the support page 

Thanks
Rehan

0 Kudos