Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doggpound007
Binge Watcher

All apps' audio is skipping and choppy with Private Listening

It is now February 2024 in this issue still exists. I just purchased a brand new stick 4K and having the exact same issue with private listening. I have tried three Bluetooth headphones and it's obviously not that and it certainly not my Wi-Fi connection. When is this going to be fixed and how do we get a refund in the meantime

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
Piddlesticks
Reel Rookie

Have you gone to your phone app settings and given the Roku app camera and microphone permissions?  Then open the Roku remote app and play a YouTube video, hit the asterisk on the remote app screen and then scroll down to adjust audio delay?  That seems to be the fix.  

0 Kudos
beartooths2
Reel Rookie

Re: Youtube app audio is skipping and choppy with Private Listening

Thank you. We have gotten this corrected and it’s working just fine. 

0 Kudos
Doggpound007
Binge Watcher

Re: All apps' audio is skipping and choppy with Private Listening

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

All apps' audio is skipping and choppy with private listening

Hi @Doggpound007,
Greetings from the Roku Community!

We'd like to be of assistance with this issue when using headphones.

Could you tell us when you started seeing the issue occur? Have you tried any troubleshooting, and what didn't work?

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Doggpound007
Binge Watcher

All apps' audio is skipping and choppy with private listening

The issue happens when using a bt headphone or a wired headphone.

It has happened from day one of using this 4k stick.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Doggpound007,

Thanks for the additional note!

I understand it correctly; this doesn't happen when using your mobile device's audio speakers, right?

Could you also share with us the brand and model of those external devices you've tried?

We'd like to take a closer look.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Doggpound007
Binge Watcher

The stream stick 4k.

Works just fine on the TV with sound going through TV speakers .

When connected to the phone app in private listening to a bt headset or even wired headphones it does the sound pause issue (stutter )

Same thing happens on a Google pixel 6a or pixel 7 .I've tried multiple headsets so it's not that since the headsets work just fine always .

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Doggpound007,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the skipping and choppy audio problem with your private listening feature on your Roku Mobile app. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

Please tell us more details so that we can better understand the problem you are having.

• Can you please try uninstalling the Roku Mobile app and reinstalling it to see if it fixes the issue?
  • Have you checked your phone's storage to see if it has enough space? Full storage can affect the phone's performance.
  • What software version is your Roku device running? (Check on Settings > System > About)
  • Have you tried updating the software on your Roku device? (Settings > System > Software Update > Check Now)

We are eager to hear from you and investigate this matter further. Thank you!

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Doggpound007
Binge Watcher

The phone has loads of space.

Yes reinstalled the app and it's the latest version.

Wifi network is perfect.

I even went into permissions of the app and allowed microphone and music and audio.  If the stream bar works better with private listening I am happy for you to send me that and swap this out.

0 Kudos