Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Timpin89

Airplay and AirPods won’t work at the same time

How do I use my AirPod pros at the same time I do Airplay on my Roku Tv? When I click Private Listening it automatically turns off my Airplay.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Airplay and AirPods won’t work at the same time

Your taking about entirely different things. Airplay allows you to mirror or phone screen or cast something from your phone to your Roku. Your AirPods and connected Bluetooth to your phone. The only way to accomplish private listening to your AirPods is to use the Roku Remote Control app on your phone. Exactly what are you trying to do? 

0 Kudos
Cruz-Licea

AirPlay and private listening can’t happen at the same time, even if you have the app. I hate that, hopefully they do something about it.

0 Kudos

I used to be able to do both, but as of lately when i select the headphone feature on the roku app, it exits airplay. No fix as of yet

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Sharkcatchem

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into the issue for you. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-mobile device brand, model and OS
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos