Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SammyWoo
Channel Surfer

Youtube Chapters Roku 4 not displaying

Hello,

Youtube CHAPTERS displays correctly on my RCL Roku TV (2018), and ATV (also 2018) but NOT on my old Roku 4, am suspecting the problem is on the old Roku 4 unable to load a newer firmware. Anybody know the answer? What is the first Roku box that can display Youtube Chapters correctly? El cheapo me don't need the latest and greatest, just enough to get the work done.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Youtube Chapters Roku 4 not displaying

Roku has dropped support for the Roku 4. Some services like Disney and Hulu quickly dropped support and no longer will install or run. AppleTV+ was never supported. Others have probably dropped any form of updates and are just running older software.

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Amazingly, the Roku model 4200 from 2013 is still listed as an updateable model.  That said, any individual channel developer doesn’t have to go by Roku’s support or lack of support, so I have no idea if your specific channel/feature will work. 

With a brand-new Roku Express 4K+ selling at $29 on Amazon, I’m not sure it makes sense to track down the oldest still-supported Roku that might become unsupported “soon”. 

Banned but back. Because why not?
SammyWoo
Channel Surfer

Thanks for all suggestions, I looked at some slightly older boxes on eBay but not at a price of my liking. Ended up with a new latest 4802x, I wanted ethernet and the included rechargeable remote Pro too, tired of throwing out disposable batteries.

0 Kudos