Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RedeC

Re: ROKU Model #3050X

Jump to solution

Hello, I have Spectrum and and am receiving an error message... RLL 1025.  Apparently this device is no longer supported.  Am I going to have to purchase another device or is something Roku can do because my device will no longer update.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

you need to upgrade. I like Ultra's.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@RedeC wrote:

Hello, I have Spectrum and and am receiving an error message... RLL 1025.  Apparently this device is no longer supported.  Am I going to have to purchase another device or is something Roku can do because my device will no longer update.

As others mentioned, the 3050 is an old, long-discontinued device. It was introduced in 2011 (10 years ago) and was discontinued in 2013 (8 years ago). Roku continued to support it for several years, but it long reached end of life. 

Keep in mind that some of the later devices that Roku still officially supports are not supported by some app developers, so even if it had not reached end of life, it's possible it wouldn't run the app if the developer decided to not support it.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
macman1234

Jump to solution

I also have a Roku model 3050x.  I had the Xfinity Streaming beta app installed on it for months now and it was working fine until last night (6/11/2021).  Then I received an 500 Error from Xfinity on the app and now I am no longer able to access the Xfinity app.  My software version is : 9.1.0 Build 5009-02.  Any help would greatly appreciated...

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@macman1234 wrote:

I also have a Roku model 3050x.  I had the Xfinity Streaming beta app installed on it for months now and it was working fine until last night (6/11/2021).  Then I received an 500 Error from Xfinity on the app and now I am no longer able to access the Xfinity app.  My software version is : 9.1.0 Build 5009-02.  Any help would greatly appreciated...

As has been said, the 3050 was discontinued years ago and is not supported, and hasn't been supported for years. If something stops working, that's because current software updates aren't taking the older hardware or software into consideration. Bluntly put, if it works, great; if not, too bad.

The device has reached end of life. There's no fix. It's time to replace the 3050, either with a new Roku device or a different brand device.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
macman1234

Jump to solution

I thought that might be the case.  Thank you for your prompt response.

0 Kudos
TedWu
Reel Rookie

Model #3050X Having Issue

Jump to solution

Mine is Roku 3050X model also, I have already updated software to 9.1.0 Build 5009, but still can't open up Amazon Prime Video anymore...

The s/n is 12G319022897.  tedwu46@gmail.com

If I need to purchase new device.  Any recommendation?

Thanks

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Re: Model #3050X Having Issue

Jump to solution

@TedWu 

I would, again, suggest upgrading if you're running a 10 years old Roku 2 XD (model 3050). It's long since lost support from Roku. You'll notice a huge increase in performance with any current Roku device.

DBDukes

0 Kudos

ROKU Model #3050X lack of new OS causing problems

Jump to solution

Danny how do I send you a private message?  I have a 3050X Roku 2XD and I am on OS 9.1.0 build 5009-02.  I cant get NBC channels anymore and I cant add ABC.  The activation codes displayed don't work.  I need to upgrade the OS. I have been troubleshooting this for over a month. I am so frustrated.

Danny wrote:  Please feel free to send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: ROKU Model #3050X lack of new OS causing problems

Jump to solution

@Namastelife  This post is a year old. Your Roku model is too old and can no longer be updated. Your Roku was released in 2011. It’s over 10 years old. So to fix your issues with NBC and ABC you will need to purchase a newer Roku model 

0 Kudos