Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Username311
Channel Surfer

Roku LT won’t stream channels.

When trying to play certain channels on the LT, it would redirect to homepage or give a pop up saying that the content is unavailable.

Even the Roku channel app itself doesn’t work on it. Updating the apps and software didn’t do jack. Is there another way to fix the issues?!

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku LT won’t stream channels.

If you haven't already done so, reboot/restart all of your network equipment (gateway/modem/router) and then your Roku.

If that doesn't help, way back when Roku devices first came out it was often suggested to change the DNS settings in one's router.  I haven't seen that suggested in years until just the past couple of days when more than one person said it fixed problems, so I'd say it's worth a try.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Username311
Channel Surfer

Changing the DNS settings isn’t worth it for an old Roku device. Restarting the player didn’t work either. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Username311

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please clarify the specific Roku model device you have as well as provide the device serial number in Settings > System > About.

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
pb8086
Binge Watcher

Danny,

I'm having a similar problem with a model 2450X Roku LT.  Up until about 2 weeks ago, Roku Media Player worked fine, playing videos from my local DLNA server.  Now, whenever I try playing a video, the loading bar hangs up part way & just stays there.  It's the same problem if I look at content on another DLNA server (a different PC).  This LT is connected to an old SDTV via RCA connectors.

I found that if I connect the LT via HDMI to a newer HDTV, everything works normally.  But, I need the RCA outputs for the old TV (and HDMI-to-RCA adapters produce a "squashed" display on an old SDTV. 

All my newer Roku boxes (like Roku Express) play videos from my servers without any problems.  Even an older Roku 1 (model 2710X) RCA outputs work with old SDTVs.

This looks like Roku sent out an update to the old LT boxes that killed streaming from the RCA outputs.  Could this have happened?  Is there any way to roll this back?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@pb8086

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the Roku LT is a much older device that is no longer supported. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please provide us with the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Username311
Channel Surfer

I am well aware that it’s a very old model. Is there an email where I can send you the serial number, Danny?

0 Kudos
pb8086
Binge Watcher

Thanks for your help, Danny.  I PM'd you my serial numbers.

0 Kudos
Username311
Channel Surfer

@pb8086c,

How were you able to get Danny’s email? Didn’t see it on his profile.

0 Kudos
pb8086
Binge Watcher

Just click on his name (above his post) & select "View Profile".  From the new page, under "Contact Me", select, "Send this user a private message".

0 Kudos