Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ihatepeople11
Reel Rookie

Roku LT not updating (2400X)

My job has a Roku in the break room, it’s great, but (oh my god) it’s laggier than hades. I thought to update it, but it says 9.1.0 is the latest. I don’t wanna upgrade their Roku for them, or take it home, I just wanna keep that Roku at work. What do I do?

Alberg Auto

Hey, this may solve your problem! If you found this helpful, do whatever the heck you want to do with this reply.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku LT not updating (2400X)

@Ihatepeople11-

What do you do?  You live with it, upgrade to a current model, or go without.

The 2400 was released in 2011 and the technology has advanced quite a bit since then.  Some newer and popular channel apps require features and capabilities not found in your Roku.

Roku has discontinued support for the 2400 and 9.1 is the last Roku operating system version it can run.  Version 10.5 11.5 is in widespread use currently, with the rollout to 12.0 just beginning.  

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

I think you mean 11.5 is the current common release.

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@andyross wrote:

I think you mean 11.5 is the current common release.

Yep.  Typo now fixed.  Thanx.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos