Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HYSTERICAT
Reel Rookie

Roku Device No Longer Supported

First off, what is the definition of truth? From websters dictionary;

TRUTH: the body of real things, events, and facts: the state of being the case: a judgment, proposition, or idea that is true or accepted as true: the body of true statements and propositions!

Does this sum up ROKU as a whole? NO!! You have to follow through on your mission statement: "Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects and benefits the entire TV ecosystem. To achieve that requires all employees at Roku to work and think collaboratively, and be open to new ideas and perspectives." (THIS IS FROM YOUR WEBSITE!)

NOW, that i have presented the facts you sell; you need to follow through with them.

The fact i have a ROKU4 that you no longer support, based on the words you used on the website; "THIS DEVICE IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED" where i cannot even talk you to you about that device because: "YOU NO LONGER SUPPORT IT"!

Tell me why you think its ok to "MAKE CHANGES" on the roku4? The last time it was updated was back in Dec of 2022. Somehow overnight, you, ROKU, decided to change my home screen menu lineup! When i got ROKU, i am allow to customize my home screen to see what I want to see! On the newer ROKU devices, as you state as the newest software; because the ROKU4 could not handle the software. You added "CATEGORIES" and "BROWSE". Which i can not remove aka customize my home screen. Yet somehow my ROKU4 was updated to the newest software build to have these new features. 

EXPLAIN TO ME WHY IT IS OK TO LIE? YOU ARE NOT BEING HONEST, NOR TRUTHFUL FOR THAT MATTER BETWEEN YOUR LITERATURE ON YOUR WEBSITE AND YOUR NON-AMERICAN EMPLOYEES!

WHY HAVE THE OPTION TO CUSTOMIZE THE HOME SCREEN IF YOU CANNOT CUSTOMIZE THE HOME SCREEN? I have a specific way of lining up my apps, now i have to press up four times before getting the app i layed out for quicker access! You took that away from me! Its one thing on the ROKU ULTRA that you have the same problem where i cannot customize. However i use my ROKU on a video matrix to play on 5 tv screens. I chose to use this one still because you no longer support it and only need FHD for my resolution. My ROKU ultra i use for the 4k content and dolby/atmos surround.

This post is to make a timestamp on my complaint and allowing others to KNOW that you do not have any control over your device! You paid for the device and ROKU chooses how use that device. Does that make sense? Was not like that, EVER! Never bought a product from company then decides they want to make changes without letting their paying customers know! Otherwise, why are you lying to me about the ROKU no lnger supported, but yet you are still making changes? Based on what happened, why can i not update the apps? I do have some issue video playback, but very minor its not worth wasting my time on. Until i had experienced this update lateley that you still are supporting the ROKU 4 and the problems i had before could have be rectified! You said, no because its no longer supported. My head hurts from the PURE INCOMPETENCE in the workplace. NO ONE KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING OR TALKING ABOUT! Otherwise, why are there changes on ROKU 4? I am not talking about third party apps that ROKU has no control over, i am talking ROKU made a device that they have control over and their control is to lie to their customers!

Is the point made clear?

ROKU DOES NOT GIVE A SHIIT ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS, ONLY THEIR MONEY! Just like every new company starting out, you kiss the ass to the public, but once you make your money, then you take control over product! I am talking out of line, then why are you making changes on a product that you state is no longer supported?

ALL I WANT IS WHAT YOU SOLD! NOT WHAT YOU WANT TO DO!
THE FACT YOU CAN MAKE CHANGES WITHOUT NOTIFYING ME, LET ALONE MY DEVICE "NOT" SHOWING IT WAS UPDATED, YET IT WAS UPDATED!
THAT IS ILLEGAL!!! YOU ARE BREAKING THE LAW WITH YOUR OWN LICENSE! YOUR LICENSE PERMITS USE, NOT MANIPULATION! 

ANOTHER LIE, THE AD CONTENT ON ROKU, YOU STATE IS FROM GOOGLE; WHY IS GOOGLE SUPPORTING EVERYTHING ELSE EXCEPT AMERICA? WHY THE FUUCK DO I GIVE A SHIIT* ABOUT LATINO OR BLACK OR PACIFIC, LBGQTS(WHATEVER THE FUUCK THEY ARE) IS SHOVED DOWN MY THROAT! IF THE ADS ARE BASED ON ME, PERSONALLY AND FROM GOOGLE DOING THESE ADS, THEN HOW AS A WHITE INDIVIDUAL GETTING AD CONTENT FOR EVERYTHING ELSE UNDER THE SUN, EXCEPT WHAT I LIKE? YOU HAVE TARGETING ADVERTISEMENT, THEN YOU HAVE MANIPULATION ADVERTISEMENT!

ROKU DOES MANIPULATION ADVERTISEMENT! THE FACT I DO NOT HAVE AN OPTION TO STOP THAT, EVEN THOUGH I PAID MONEY FOR YOUR DEVICE, YOU ALLOW A THIRD PARTY TO ADVERTISE ON YOUR DEVICE THAT PAID MONEY FOR?
ITS LIKE BUYING A BRAND NEW FERRARI, AND THEY PUT HYUNDAI EMBLEMS ON THEM; THEN TWO YEARS LATER THEY SWAP OUT THE FERRARI ENGINE FOR A KIA ENGINE! BUT HEY, YOU STILL HAVE A FERRARI; IN OTHERS; JUST NAME!

I BOUGHT A ROKU, BUT NOW I HAVE A FUUCK YOU!

(ON A SIDE NOTE, I AM NOT ALLOWED TO POST PICTURES, ROKU CHANGED WORDS ON MY POST BECAUSE OF THEIR IDEA OF WHAT PROFANITY IS OR NOT;AGAIN ROKU MAKE CHANGES TO OUR RIGHTS AS WELL AS MY SPEECH. PICTURES THAT WILL SHOW YOU ALONG WHAT I AM SAYING IN THIS POST.) THIS POST IS NECCASSRY, BECAUSE ALL COMPANIES ABUSE THEIR CONTROL WITH THESE FIRMWARE UPDATES! WONDER WHY THERE ARE PROBLEMS WITH HACKERS; THESE COMPANIES ALLOW IT TO HAPPEN WITH THESE COSNTANT UPDATES HAPPENING BEHIND THE SCENES THAT YOU ARE NOT AWARE ABOUT. SO NOW YOU ARE NOT AWARE OF WHAT HAPPENED BECAUSE YOU WERE SOLD ON  WORDS LIKE "SAFE AND RELIABLE" TO FIND OUT ITS FALSE BECAUE OF THE FALSE SENSE OF SECURITY BROUGHT AS WELL AS ABOUGHT UPON YOU TO USE. WOULD YOU USE A BANKING APP THAT ALLOWS HACKERS TO STEAL YOUR MONEY OR AN APP THA DOES NOT ALLOW HACKERS? DID YOU KNOW THAT YOUR BANKING APP, IS DONE BY A THIRD PARTY?? CHECK IT OUT YOURSELF AND THEN ASK YOURSELF IF ITS OK TO BE LIED TO? DOES THE BANK SEND YOUR MONEY TO A THIRD PARTY? NOPE! SO WHY IS THIS ANY DIFFERENT WHEN YOU TRUST A COMPANY THAT PROVIDES A SERVICE, THEN IN TURN DOES WHATEVER THEY WANT BECAUSE YOU AGREE TO THEIR TERMS AND SERVICE? YOU AGREE, THEN YOU LOSE YOUR CIVIL RIGHTS? NO THE FUUCK NOT!!! YOUR TERMS, WITH ANY COMPANY DOES NOT SUPERCEDE LAWS, ESPECIALLY YOUR RIGHTS! DO YOU KNOW AMERICANS THAT HAVE THEIR RIGHTS SURRENDERED? THEY ARE CALLED FELONS, CRIMNALS! THESE COMPANIES ARE JUST TREATING YOU AS CRIMINALS IN A PRISON, AND THEY ARE THE WARDEN! 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Device No Longer Supported

The Roku 4 used a unique chipset that was not shared with any other Roku. When the chipset manufacturer stopped supporting the chipset, Roku was more or less forced to stop supporting the Roku 4.

0 Kudos
wildsprite
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Device No Longer Supported

the Roku 4 had a 7 year run and it was the only device with its form at the size it came and chipset. no other Roku has had that chipset since. I feel like part of the issue was that several companies wanted to stop supporting it. it cannot do 4kHDR has no support for the newer Audio channels. if you owned it in the first or second year you got a good run out of it. if you got it anytime after that I'm sorry, you should have gone for the Roku Ultra. the 4 was only their premier device for the first 2 years of its life. I have 4 of them here and I'm not sure if I can even do anything with them but they did give us a good run. while I do understand your anger you can't fault Roku. they gave us months of warnings by email that they were going to stop supporting it and if I remember correctly it was actually closer to a year before they did.