Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thunderbird69
Reel Rookie

Roku 2 compatibility with Apple AirPlay

Jump to solution

Hello:

Does anyone know how to make Apple AirPlay work with my Roku 2 player?

I have a second Roku player, the newer Premiere model, in another room. AirPlay works fine with that device. Anytime I want to cast to the Premiere with my I-phone, it works flawlessly.

I can control the Roku 2 from my phone using the various commands of the Roku App. But the Roku 2 does not recognize my phone as an AirPlay device. 

I tried using the Apple Home program to link my I-phone to my Roku 2. But it was not recognized using that method either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku 2 compatibility with Apple AirPlay

Jump to solution

Hi @Thunderbird69,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for inquiring about the AirPlay and HomeKit with your Roku 2. We would be more than happy to assist you with your concern.

Please be advised that to use AirPlay and HomeKit, your compatible Roku device must be running Roku OS 9.4 or higher. Roku 2 is not supported with Airplay. 

The Roku devices listed below support streaming with AirPlay 2:

Device Model
 Roku TV   Axxxx, Cxxxx, CxxGB, 7xxxx 
 Roku Streambar®   9102 
 Roku Streaming Stick®  3810 
 Roku Streaming Stick 4K   3820 
 Roku Express 4K   3940 
 Roku Premiere   4620, 3920 

To learn more including which players support this feature, check out the article that explainsHow do I use AirPlay and HomeKit with my Roku® streaming ...

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us a know in case you've still got any questions.

Best regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

There are five different versions of a player with 2 in the name. Three of them are no longer supported. However, they are all 1080p players, and Roku is only putting AirPlay on the 4K devices. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Thunderbird69,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for inquiring about the AirPlay and HomeKit with your Roku 2. We would be more than happy to assist you with your concern.

Please be advised that to use AirPlay and HomeKit, your compatible Roku device must be running Roku OS 9.4 or higher. Roku 2 is not supported with Airplay. 

The Roku devices listed below support streaming with AirPlay 2:

Device Model
 Roku TV   Axxxx, Cxxxx, CxxGB, 7xxxx 
 Roku Streambar®   9102 
 Roku Streaming Stick®  3810 
 Roku Streaming Stick 4K   3820 
 Roku Express 4K   3940 
 Roku Premiere   4620, 3920 

To learn more including which players support this feature, check out the article that explainsHow do I use AirPlay and HomeKit with my Roku® streaming ...

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us a know in case you've still got any questions.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos