Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mblanding2002
Reel Rookie

ROKU Streaming Stick for MHL Connector

Jump to solution

I have a JVC TV (Model EM42FTR) that came with a Roku streaming stick plugged into a MHL connector; the streaming stick is model 3400X. Amazon Prime no longer supports this Roku model. Does Roku make an updated streaming stick that can be used in the MHL connector and controlled by the original JVC remote? Prefer not to use separate roku device plugged into HDMI port and its on remote.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
mblanding2002
Reel Rookie

Re: ROKU Streaming Stick for MHL Connector

Jump to solution

Thanks for the information. I guess I will have to go with a separate roku device.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@mblanding2002-

Coming from a 3400, you will be astounded at the performance improvement with any of the current models.  Plus you will be able to install and use channel apps for a number of services that would not run on the 3400.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@mblanding2002 

That was the only MHL Stick that Roku made. It's long discontinued and there is no replacement. All streaming devices (Roku, Apple TV, Android/Google TV, Fire TV) that work with Amazon use HDMI, so you won't have much choice in that regard.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
mblanding2002
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the information. I guess I will have to go with a separate roku device.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@mblanding2002-

Coming from a 3400, you will be astounded at the performance improvement with any of the current models.  Plus you will be able to install and use channel apps for a number of services that would not run on the 3400.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X