Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jewdles

My roku doesnt support Disney + can I trade it in and upgrade to a newer model?

My roku doesnt support Disney + can I trade it in and upgrade to a newer model?

6 REPLIES 6
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My roku doesnt support Disney + can I trade it in and upgrade to a newer model?

@jewdles wrote:

My Roku doesn't support Disney + can I trade it in and upgrade to a newer model?

Roku has no trade in program. Honestly, an older player is worth almost nothing. I have a 2 XS that has been sitting in a drawer for several years. It's just too outdated to even bother with, and new players just aren't that expensive. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
mccam5000
Reel Rookie

Re: My roku doesnt support Disney + can I trade it in and upgrade to a newer model?

it is not about the expense, it is about the recyclability of the product.  There is so much waste in the world, it would be nice to see some of these items up-cycled, re-cycled or given a second life.  Roku...this is aimed at you... Amazon does some level of trade in.  Maybe you guys should too.  

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@mccam5000 

Or you could donate it to a women's shelter, a local program for families in need, a church, or other charitable organization.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

mccam5000
Reel Rookie

Thats a GREAT idea!

remaker
Roku Guru

Also, I have had good luck with freecycle.org and Nextdoor.com to give away old electronics.

Michelle3
Roku Guru

I’m glad I have a Roku Express+ 3910 because that and the 3710 are the only current Roku devices with the analog composite outputs.  All the other analog-ready models (pre-2013) are now considered very old/outdated, and will no longer receive software updates.  Roku hasn’t even released a device model with the Y/Pb/Pr outputs in over ten years; only four of their early device models (including the first Roku device model), released before 2010/2011, used the Y/Pb/Pr outputs.  I guess not many people liked the Y/Pb/Pr ports on the early Roku models during 2010 and 2011, and so, Roku most likely decided to only put the analog composite ports on all of their device models (not counting the Sticks) beginning with the LT 2400.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos