Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenny333

M2000 No net connection error… Any ideas on a fix?

Hi,

I have a M2000 which I’m just using as a (IMHO very nice) clock. 

Recently, after powering it down and back on again, it has come up with a “No net connection” error. I also get the same if I plug it in via Ethernet.

I only want to use it as a clock so only need to set the time but I can’t find a way to do that as I can’t use the IP address because it hasn’t got one as it’s not on the network!

Has anyone got any ideas?

I’ve got a spare M1000 so was thinking I could swap the network ‘card’ but I don’t know if they are the same or if it would fit or if that would even be possible. 

Any ideas very gratefully received. 

Cheers,   Ian

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1

Re: M2000 No net connection error… Any ideas on a fix?

After years of disuse, I recently ordered a new power adapter for my M1000.  But now I too am getting the "No net connection!" message.  It happens with or without Ethernet plugged in.  I never used Wi-Fi, only Ethernet with this device.

The Ethernet connection seems a little wonky.  With no ethernet cord plugged in, there are 2 green LEDs.  When I plug in Ethernet (connected to a switch), the 3rd orange LED briefly illuminates, then goes out. 

Not sure what is wrong, but if anyone has a similar experience and gets it working I'd love to hear about it.  I'd hate to have to recycle this beautiful and formerly-functional music player and bit of tech history.

0 Kudos