Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doc7
Reel Rookie

Is Roku Player from 2014 obsolete?

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Is Roku Player from 2014 obsolete?

Jump to solution

All models introduced in 2014 or earlier (and a few later ones as well) are now considered obsolete (i.e. "legacy") and no longer receiving updates from Roku.  They will continue to function but the number of channels that will run on them will continue to dwindle, as many channels rely on features and capabilities added in later models.

This page will tell you the status of individual Roku models: https://developer.roku.com/docs/specs/hardware.md

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

Doc7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku 3 still being used on one of my TV's and is cleary operating poorly.  Todays streams are faster, and the sound too has a better quality.  My second TV a 4K has an Ultra Roku and the difference is night and day.   Just procrastinating about replacing the Roku 3, but it is coming.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

All models introduced in 2014 or earlier (and a few later ones as well) are now considered obsolete (i.e. "legacy") and no longer receiving updates from Roku.  They will continue to function but the number of channels that will run on them will continue to dwindle, as many channels rely on features and capabilities added in later models.

This page will tell you the status of individual Roku models: https://developer.roku.com/docs/specs/hardware.md

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Doc7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku 3 still being used on one of my TV's and is cleary operating poorly.  Todays streams are faster, and the sound too has a better quality.  My second TV a 4K has an Ultra Roku and the difference is night and day.   Just procrastinating about replacing the Roku 3, but it is coming.