Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nealdg

Inability to get the Roku home screen

I have a Roku 2.  I can only get the Roku screen advertising their Roku TV.  No matter what I do I can't get off of this screen and back to my Roku home page, where all of the alternative channels are listed.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Inability to get the Roku home screen

Does unplugging the Roku from its power source for a few seconds allow you to get to your Roku home screen when the system restarts?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

You need to be more specific about your model Roku. There are two different Roku 2 players, and three more that have 2 in the model name. Not all of these are still supported by Roku, and all five of them are going to have issues with some of the latest channels. The absolute newest Roku 2 model is over 5 1/2 years old, and the hardware is far less capable than the latest players. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos