Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sfgower
Reel Rookie

How can I tell if an old Roku streaming stick still works?

I have found an old Roku streaming stick tucked away in a drawer.

SKU# 3810R

I know I could plug this into a TV or monitor and give it a try, but frankly it might look like it works, but soon I might discover all the unexpected ways it fails because it is too old.

This is why I am posting this question to this forum.  Should I just recycle this Roku stick? Or is it worth donating it to Goodwill maybe?

I did find this post from the Roku community which was pretty helpful!

If the model number is 3500 or lower, your Stick is no longer supported by Roku. Even the 3600 is now a seven year old device. If you have a 3500 or older, you probably just need to replace it. All models of Sticks do tend to run quite warm.

posted May 6, 2023

So my model model is 3810R. Probably still works (or kind of works).  But it is now a year past May, 2023.

Any suggestions other than "just try it"?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How can I tell if an old Roku streaming stick still works?

I have a Streaming Stick 3810 that is still going strong. It is not in daily use but I take it with me when I travel. Occasionally I connect it to my computer monitor so I can keep it updated with the latest software.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

You can tell if it still works by connecting it to your TV and wifi and trying to use it. That is how you'll find out if it works or not. It probably will still work but may run slow on many apps because of the old hardware, give it a try you have nothing to lose.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Remember you have to have the original usb cable with the bump in the middle to receive remote and internet signals. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.