Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmw2182
Channel Surfer

Hallmark Streams fine on Roku but not another.

Jump to solution

I have two Roku Devices ~one is 2500X and the other is 3900X.  I have Dish Network with the Hallmark Channel.  When I'm at camp I have been able to log into to both Roku Devices and watch Hallmark.  I noticed about a month ago when i was there, I am no longer able to login on the 2500x  It will start to login in and then I get Connection Error.  There was a problem launching this channel at this time.  Please try again later.  I have tried removing the channel and re-adding and getting the same thing.    I am able stream other channels fine with this same device.  I'm able to use the 3900X without any problem at all.  What else can I try?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Hallmark Streams fine on Roku but not another.

Jump to solution

@bmw2182

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the Roku XD is a much older device that is no longer supported. It's possible that the channel provider no longer supports your Roku model device. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

I have passed along your information to our Support team to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @bmw2182

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing. 

Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Moreover, if the issue persisted even after attempting the suggestions above, other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can reach Hallmark Support here: https://customercare.hmnow.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
bmw2182
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

These are the steps I have done so far.  Removed the channel, restarted the roku, and then re-added the channel and the same thing. I have reached out to Dish TV (my provider), and Hallmark and both are pointing me to Roku support.  I am able to watch Hallmark on Roku 3900x, but not the 2500X.  Both are at the same location, so I don't think it's a channel issue but a Roku issue.  The 2500X works fine with Netflix and other channels, just not Hallmark.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@bmw2182

Thanks for the post.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to look further into the issue for you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bmw2182
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

The model number is 2500X Roku HD and the serial number is 18G2D6022531 ad version is 9.1.0 build 5009-03. I do not not see the device ID

It is only happening on the Hallmark TV channel right now.   It tells me it is Version 1.9 build 0

I did the tracker and it comes up Issue report tracker.  Please use issue ID 31-424-520 to report the current issue.

I select Hallmark TV, and the log comes up and then I get the Connection Error.  There  was a problem launching this channel at this time,  Please try again later.  Then all I can do is close the channel.

I hope this helps.  If you need anything further, please let me know.

0 Kudos
bmw2182
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have even tried removing all the channels, did a factory reset and still can't get the Hallmark Channel.

Any suggestions for me to try I will. It's frustrating because it had been work great until about a month ago. No changes that I'm aware of. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@bmw2182

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the Roku XD is a much older device that is no longer supported. It's possible that the channel provider no longer supports your Roku model device. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

I have passed along your information to our Support team to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bmw2182
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Now my other Roku (3900RW Roku Express - software version 10.5.0 build 4198-51) is giving me issues with Hallmark.  I was watching a movie today and it stopped midstream.  I went to start the movie again and it asked me to login.  I clicked login and I only get a white screen with the Hallmark Logo in the left.  I have tried, removing the app, restarting and reinstalling.  I have even done a factory reset.  Now I can't watch Hallmark at all, but I can watch other channels fine.

0 Kudos