Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carina07
Binge Watcher

Difference between Roku Ultra and 4k device

Jump to solution

Hello, Is there a notable difference between the most current Roku Ultra and the 4k Roku device? Does the Roku Ulta eliminate buffering for various apps? Or, would a booster like a Eero or Lynksis booster for the internet help? We are supposed to have the fastest internet speed, but we do experience significant buffering at times. Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Difference between Roku Ultra and 4k device

Jump to solution

Hi @Carina07,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We value your inquiry and interest in learning more about the notable difference between the most recent Roku Ultra and the 4K Roku devices, and we'll be glad to provide you with the information you need. Roku Ultra offers the best connection, while Roku 4K devices offer standard, fast, or long-range connections, depending on which Roku device you have. To learn more about the comparisons between Roku devices, you can visit the website here.

If, in any case, you are experiencing buffering on every channel, please try restarting the system of your Roku device and rebooting your network router. However, if you are experiencing buffering on a specific channel only, please let us know.

Sincerely,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Carina07,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We value your inquiry and interest in learning more about the notable difference between the most recent Roku Ultra and the 4K Roku devices, and we'll be glad to provide you with the information you need. Roku Ultra offers the best connection, while Roku 4K devices offer standard, fast, or long-range connections, depending on which Roku device you have. To learn more about the comparisons between Roku devices, you can visit the website here.

If, in any case, you are experiencing buffering on every channel, please try restarting the system of your Roku device and rebooting your network router. However, if you are experiencing buffering on a specific channel only, please let us know.

Sincerely,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Carina07
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Eunice, I thought I responded, but guess doing so through email isn't effective. I am experiencing buffering one channel / app only. I did do an update, removed the app and reinstalled and it is working much better now. It still occasionally buffers, but certainly not as much as before. I saw someone else comment about having an older Roku device and wondered as I don't know what the longevity for a Roku device is. I have had mine for about two years, maybe. I look forward to your response.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The Roku Ultra is a 4K device. It's the best player Roku offers. The other 4K devices are lower in price and aren't as fast or powerful. But for the most part all of them are great devices and function very well for streaming.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Carina07,

Thank you for keeping in touch here in the Roku Community!

Which specific channel are you having these issues with? Have you tried reaching out directly to the channel partner?

Please be advised that a Roku device can last for a long time with no specific timeframe as long as the software is still supported. Depending on the usage, it may vary, but two years of the Roku device are still very good and are still supported.

Please let us know if you have further queries, and we'll be glad to assist you.

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos