Roku legacy products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hikergirlie
Level 7

Channel install failed on Roku 2 HD

I have a Roku HD 2.  I tried to add the HBO now channel and received the error message "channel install failed".  All other existing channels are working.  The device has been recently updated.  I am located in PA.  Please help.  

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Channel install failed

I suspect your Roku is too old and does not have the capabilities of newer models needed to install and run HBO Max.

Determine your Roku model number via Settings > System > About.

Compare it to the list of HBO Max supported devices here: https://help.hbonow.com/Answer/Detail/11
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Channel install failed on Roku 2 HD

@hikergirlie 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the Roku 2 HD is a much older device. 

However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Pablo3109
Level 7

Received email from ROKU offering HBO MAX . I clicked and ROKU  channel store says installed. When I open my account and try to install HBO MAX. I get error won’t install. What do I do next. I want HBO MAX. or assurance I am not being charged. ROKU has discontinued phone help.

pablo3109@aol.com.    (PAUL PRINCE)

0 Kudos
Burger2227
Level 7

Have same problem... how do I PM you here?

Ted W.

0 Kudos
Burger2227
Level 7

Apparently a lot of older Roku devices are no longer updated in 2020. How about telling them that?

0 Kudos
CFancher
Level 7

I am having the same issue with Body FX.

Same message. Install failed. 

Can I have the support team contact me?

0 Kudos
CFancher
Level 7

Wondering if you got this worked out?

0 Kudos