Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrkygeek
Reel Rookie

Activation issue code 001

Jump to solution

Trying to activate Roku model N1000 and when trying to connect to internet using wired connection getting activation error code 0001. Same issue when using wifi connection. Here is the error message

20211012_160146.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mrkygeek
Reel Rookie

Re: Activation issue code 001

Jump to solution

@mrkygeek wrote:

@RokuDanny-R Thanks for reaching out. Device serial number:  20F8C3018462

I am done waiting for Roku to fix their activation issue. I switched from Roku to Chomecast with Google TV.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@mrkygeek-

N1000 was the very first Roku introduced in 2008 to display early Netflix.  Roku stopped supporting it in 2015 and it hasn't received a Roku system update since version 3.1 -- version 10.5 is being rolled out now.

If you do manage to get it connected you'll find that there are many channel apps that rely on capabilities added to later models and that can't even be installed to the N1000.

My preference would be not to bother with the N1000 and update to a current version.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
mrkygeek
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@makaiguy I appreciate your advice but I have been using this device and it only stopped working now. I don’t have trust in companies that arbitrarily disables device I paid for and for that reason I am not interested in update to a latest version.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@mrkygeek

Thanks for the post.

As @makaiguy mentioned, the Roku device you are using is no longer supported. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please provide us with the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mrkygeek
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
mrkygeek
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@mrkygeek wrote:

I am done waiting for Roku to fix their activation issue. I switched from Roku to Chomecast with Google TV.

Cindy8

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue.  Original Roku.    Serial #20F8C6030712

did factory reset because it would not accept the internet.    Now I am stuck at the activation screen. Saying problem connecting to the Roku server.

is this a done deal and I am now with a bricked item or is there a solution

[personal information removed]

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

Come on people. The N1000 was released in May 2008. It's almost 13 years old. I'm shocked it even still boots, but it is so incompatible with modern Roku channels it's simply not practical to continue to use it. It will not work with the vast majority of current channels available today. For $25 you can get a new Express 4K+ at Best Buy or other stores carrying Roku devices. It's simply not worth the effort to continue using such an outdated piece of equipment. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
WellsTV

Jump to solution

Hey Dan... shut up

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@WellsTV wrote:

Hey Dan... shut up

Have a nice day...

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos