Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mad-lark

Accidentally did a factory reset and now my roku is giving me code 011 errors

I accidentally did a factory reset of my Roku XDS and now it won’t connect to the network. I understand its an older device, but this is ridiculous.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Accidentally did a factory reset and now my roku is giving me code 011 errors

Well that certainly is an old(er) model - first generation, from 11 years ago.

You can try this and hope for the best, but it might just be a case of being too old too.

https://support.roku.com/article/208758938

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Accidentally did a factory reset and now my roku is giving me code 011 errors

Unfortunately, your XDS is no longer supported by Roku. You might try getting it working again by using a phone hotspot, as sometimes that works when other connections don't.

But, code 011 means it can't connect to the Roku server. Being an unsupported device, the server may be rejecting the connection, and if that's the case there's no way around it. It's simply time for a replacement. The XDS was released in Sept 2010, and its specifications are very poor compared to the latest players.

I'm actually surprised it was still working with any channel. I have a 2 XS, which is less than a year newer than yours, and it became unusable for me a long time ago. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@mad-lark 

Thanks for the post.

As mentioned in this thread, the Roku XDS is a much older device that is no longer supported. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please provide us with the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

@RokuDanny-R 

I'm having a similar issue with my Roku XR. It is giving me error code 001 after trying to activate it following a factory reset. The serial number on mine is D0C9DT014422. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Daniel

0 Kudos
atc98092

Your XR is a year older than the XDS, released in Oct 2009. It too is no longer supported by Roku. Most likely the activation servers no longer recognize the device. Everything I posted about the obsolescence of the XDS applies to your XR as well. 

Dan

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@sunglasses24

Thanks for the post.

As @atc98092 mentioned, your device a quite older device that is no longer supported. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

i have a roku dvp n1000 it will conect to my internet butthen gives me a error code 011 can u help the serial# is 20F93J016176 please helpif you can thank you

0 Kudos
atc98092

@lilcoop8890 wrote:

i have a Roku dvp n1000 it will connect to my internet but then gives me a error code 011 can u help the serial# is 20F93J016176 please help if you can thank you

The N1000 was the original Roku player, released in May 2008. It is a legacy box that isn't supported. It isn't capable of being updated, and can't run the vast majority of current channels. It is severely lacking in processing power, memory and channel storage space. I realize it might have still worked for your purposes, but it's 14 years old and time for a replacement. 

Dan

0 Kudos