Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TenaK
Reel Rookie

roku mobile app won't recognize one of my devices

Jump to solution

I have 2 Roku TVs that I recently connected to the mobile app, where I used the remote controls on both. A few weeks ago, one of the TVs disappeared from the app. When I try to reconnect the TV, the app won't recognize it anymore. I did all of the troubleshooting steps listed on the website. When I try to add the TV manually and put in the IP address, the app says that it can't find it. This is maddening - especially since the TV was just connected. As well, the other device still works normally. Is there a fix for this? Has anyone had the same experience? Please share your advice. Thank you!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tony_from_Bmore
Reel Rookie

Re: roku mobile app won't recognize one of my devices **FIXED, I think**

Jump to solution

1.) The ROKU mobile app will NOT find or pair to your TV if it is already turned on.

2.) Do NOT try to use the "Connect Remote" settings in the TV.

3.) Simply UNPLUG (not just turn off using the remote) but UNPLUG the TV.

4.) Open the Roku App on your phone and then click the "Devices" icon in the lower right corner.

5.) Immediately, plug the TV back in and power it on.

6.) The app will now detect your TV and you're DONE!!!

Tony from Bmore

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: roku mobile app won't recognize one of my devices

Jump to solution

Is this tv connecting to your home network?  IP addresses are assigned by the router when it connects to a networked device.  If not connected the Roku does not have an IP number.

The Roku app can only connect to Rokus that are already connected ito the same network as the phone. 

Even if not connecting to the Roku phone app, you should still be able to use the tv's original remote to check the network connection and reset it if needed. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
laurellpc
Channel Surfer

Can’t connect Roku TVs to Remote app

Jump to solution

Two days ago, my Roku app stopped connecting to either TV I have. 

I have restarted both my TVs and Phone, I’ve deleted and re-downloaded the app, all three are both connected to the same internet, I’ve tried to manually connect via IP address, everything is up-to-date on software upgrades. 

Nothing is working. 

Tags (1)
laurellpc
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, the Roku TV and Roku App are connected to the same network / internet. 

The Roku app and TV worked great together for over a year then randomly a few days ago the app stopped recognizing the TV.

TenaK
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, your experience is the same as mine! Everything is on the same network. I have deleted and downloaded the app again. I have unplugged everything in trying to so a reset, but nothing happens with the tv in my bedroom. When I tried to manually add the TV with the IP address, the app says that it cannot/recognize the TV.  Crazy! 

0 Kudos
laurellpc
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Exactly what’s happened to me! I feel like Roku updated something and it caused a bug. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

There have been a number of various complaints lately about the iOS version of the Roku app.  Are you folks in this thread using the app on iOS or are you using it on Android?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
laurellpc
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

iOS. I’m not surprised this is happening to others. 

0 Kudos
Bb444

Jump to solution

I’m experiencing this issue as well very frustrating 

Zoeyw03

Jump to solution

I’m having the exact same issue. I’m using iOS as well. I’ve had my TV for about a year now and it’s worked fine with the app up until like a month or two ago. And I can’t find my stupid remote so now I can’t use my $300 TV because the stupid app doesn’t work. Has ANYONE found a solution to this problem?? This is so irritating.