Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

private listening not working

Android phone and tablet app no private listening. I was able to use it last night and now nothing...

The Roku device says private listening

And the app even says private listening activated even gives me the alert that it's not available for the games. But no sound Restarted both Roku and my android device even uninstalled the app and reinstalled. Also Tried over different devices....

Roku express 4k+

Roku 3941RW

Software version 11.0.0

Build 4139-cr

Labels (2)
4 REPLIES 4
lipeis
Binge Watcher

Re: private listening not working

I have same issue here. Roku TV Philco 50'' Android App for 3 months. Other topics with many replyes and where is Roku tech team???

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @lipeis,

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help. We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into.

• Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing?
  • Did you install the latest version of the Roku mobile app?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
  • Walk us through the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos

I am having the same problem I try to watch my Roku on my bedroom and living room TV which are roku-enabled TCL TVs and I am using the mobile app to patch the audio through so I can do private listening and I am using a pair of Bluetooth Pro buds it says everything's connected but I am not hearing any sound produced just wondering what is going on and why I am not hearing any sound during private listening?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Briangulledge9

Thanks for the post.

Are you making sure that the Bluetooth headset is paired to your remote? In addition, are you making sure to activate the private listening feature from within the Roku mobile app? 

For more information about using the private listening feature with the Roku mobile app, visit our Support page here: Use headphones with the mobile app for private listening

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos