Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BigCee

Re: Roku Remote app crashes after 2 seconds

Jump to solution

Roku version 8.4.0

iPhone 6 Plus

OS 12.5.5

I click on the app and automatically crashes.

I have powered my phone off and still crashes.

Deleted the app and re-downloaded it but still crashes.

0 Kudos
CIPRO
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

“Roku Customer Support

CS/CH-Praseetha Thirumalaivasan, Jul 1, 2022, 07:31 PDT:
Hi Charles,

Thank you for your response.

We are investigating this issue and our engineering team is working on it. We will get back to you with an update at the earliest.

Thank you for choosing Roku. Have a nice day!”

just got this from ROKU Support...I will keep all of you updated on this matter

CIPRO

sirald66
Streaming Star

ROKU - Official Remote Control, crashes

Jump to solution

iPad Mini 2
iOS 12.5.5
Roku Official Remote Control 8.4.0

When I launch the app, it crashes back to desktop after logo splash screen.

Deleted and reinstalled, same result; the dock bar shows a grayed out icon as if it isn't finished initiating.  App store says iOS 11.0 is supported.  Worked until recently.

Anyone, please redirect me to better forum if this is not correctly categorized.  Thank you.

ANDY - Salt Lake, UT US

Floms

Re: ROKU - Official Remote Control, crashes

Jump to solution

Following-exact same issue

BooBoo

Jump to solution

I hope this is not the end for iOS 12.5.5 support! I purchased a new iPhone last year and only use my iPhone 6 as a iPod and Roku remote!

sirald66
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

iPad Mini 2
iOS 12.5.5
Roku Official Remote Control 8.4.0

When I launch the app, it crashes back to desktop after logo splash screen.

Deleted and reinstalled, same result; the dock bar shows a grayed out icon as if it isn't finished initiating.  App store says iOS 11.0 is supported.  Worked until recently.

On a side note — the unrelated app MyShake had a similar instant crash that was resolved after I beta tested their solution with TestFlight.  The issue may have been related to, "The Xcode library was built using iOS 13, as per the recommendation, so now iOS 12 devices may be having issues with the new update. We are not sure we can pull back the library update, but we are investigating."

If the remote control app now requires iOS 13, please provide the former deprecated version via app store so that customers may get the longest legacy life out of our devices.  Thank you.

ANDY - Salt Lake, UT US

0 Kudos
CIPRO
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Andy, I don’t believe that the ROKU Mobile App now requires iOS 13 or newer.

When I was speaking with the techrep last week I specifically asker her if iOS 11 and 12 were still supported and was assured that they were

Also, some of the prior posts in this thread mentioned that their iOS devises were running iOS 13 and higher versions and were still experiencing the same issue!

Anyway, I don’t expect to hear back from ROKU until Tuesday at the earliest due to Monday being a holiday.

CIPRO

LLB1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the update on Friday. Have you heard anything more from Roku Support since then? Thanks!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts and providing us with the requested information.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
sirald66
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thank you, @RokuDanny-R.

There are also extensive reviews in the app store about the update problem, so it looks like a solid trend.

Thank you for helping get our information to engineering.

ANDY - Salt Lake, UT US

0 Kudos