Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim_in_CLT
Reel Rookie

Private Listening constantly disconnecting, then reconnecting

On my android phone, Private Listening in Roku app continues to automatically cycle (I enable it, it disconnects itself, then it enables itself, then disconnect...on-going). Same thing happens with earphones, or without.  I have 4 roku devices, same experience for each (2  roku tvs, 2 roku devices). Private Listening works fine on my wife's android phone.  We have same make/model (Samsung S10+).  Same software version.  Several times I have uninstalled the app, rebooted the phone, then installed it again. No success.  We are on the same wifi.  I have compared every setting I know of between the phones.  Any settings I should look at specifically?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuIrene-S
Retired Moderator

Re: Private Listening constantly disconnecting, then reconnecting

Hi @Jim_in_CLT

Thanks for the info!

When did you see this issue start? 

This article helps address specific issues and provides ideas for general troubleshooting How do I solve problems with private listening?

All the best,
Irene

0 Kudos
Jim_in_CLT
Reel Rookie

Noticed it about 3 weeks ago.  Spent several evenings working the issue.

0 Kudos
DLarson55

I have the same problem. The ROKU help doesn't address the problem.

Don

Jim_in_CLT
Reel Rookie

My bandaid is to keep resetting my Samsung s10+ network settings.  Settings-> About Phone-> Reset -> Reset network settings.  That will work for several days, but eventually the issue resurfaces.

0 Kudos
DarthMyyk

This is happening to us as well, and I'm getting sick of it. No headphones are attached, wired or Bluetooth, but if I turn Bluetooth off on my phone it stops it from happening. It's like the TV decided my phone is a headset a few weeks ago??

0 Kudos
rsmirlock
Reel Rookie

I had the same issue, and the same fix worked -- turning off Bluetooth fixes the issue. 

It may have something to do with the fact that no bluetooth audio device is connected, but bluetooth is on.   The app assumes the audio device disconnected because it can't find one connected,  and turns off private listening.

So if you aren't using a bluetooth audio device with your android phone to listen to your Roku,  disable bluetooth and your private listening mode should stop disconnecting. 

0 Kudos