Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paceman1
Level 7

Re: Mobile app cannot find connected devices

Jump to solution

Ian having the same problem. The details of my device:

Roku streaming stick+ 3810x

serial number: YH0036657402

software version 10.5.0 build 4208-50

device ID: 2139A3657402

The device works but isn’t recognized in the mobile app.

0 Kudos
sebastianOM
Level 8

Jump to solution

Day 30 and still no solution from Roku! Not even a response!!
This look like that we all were scammed by roku.

panthera
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have had this problem with the mobile remote app not able to find my devices but this is not a recent development, nor is it specific to my devices (I have 2 TVs and 2 sticks)..  It has been an intermittent problem for quite a while.

Joslyn
Level 7

Jump to solution

@lilsmama same for me. I have to repeatedly do a network connection check and then I can use the app again. I mainly use the app for private listening to use my earbuds and not bother my husband. But I also have to remember to keep the volume on the remote all the way down because every time it disconnects, it startles me by all of the sudden blaring from the Tv speakers. This does work, but was never and issue before and we certainly shouldn’t have to be doing this over and over. It’s ridiculous. Good thing I at least have my physical remote still because for the people that solely use the app, they likely cannot connect at all. Roku:  FIX THIS ISSUE PLEASE. Thank you!

a_fields
Level 8

Jump to solution

Exactly. I finally got the app to work for 2 days and now it’s not working again. I’m not spending any money on their junk. I’ll just use my PlayStation to stream! 

brensfarr
Level 8

Jump to solution

I've got the same exact thing. My roku stick was connected and working it stopped now can't find it

0 Kudos
brensfarr
Level 8

Jump to solution

@TwistedParrot wrote:

This is a well-documented issue, and Roku has admitted there's a problem with the most recent update. Sites including TechCrunch have spoken with the company and were told devs "are working on it." That was weeks ago.

It sounds to me like a LOT of Roku users, including me, are tired of waiting. Fix the problem or roll back the update, @Roku, and stop dancing around the issue or putting it back on us. Neither of my two Roku TVs works, so the problem is on YOUR side, not ours.

DITTO I AGREE I HAVE NO..TV

brensfarr
Level 8

Jump to solution

What a great idea and I personally would be thrilled to give you more info if my streaming stick would find the device...let's solve that issue ok? I believe it's the problem we are all having

0 Kudos
Bigsigh82
Level 7

Jump to solution

My phone app will occasionally connect with no problems.  However, later in the day or at a different time, I get the message that it is trying to find the last connected device.  I have this problem with my Sharp Roku TV, and the streaming stick, seems to be no different with either one.  The only "solution" I have found is restarting my Samsung phone, but it's a pain to do that several times a day.  I don't recall having this issue in the past.

pegstermm7
Level 7

Re: How to connect Roku device to mobile app (message: can't find connected devices)

Jump to solution

A few days ago, my Roku wouldn't connect to the internet. Cable guy had reset the router. Had to sign back into a few apps. Using a phone remote seemed to mess everything up. Never doing that again.

0 Kudos