Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saultydog
Channel Surfer

NO AUDIO WITH HDHOMERUN FLEX DUO ON SAMSUNG TV.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: NO AUDIO WITH HDHOMERUN FLEX DUO ON SAMSUNG TV.

Based on the page you linked to, it sounds like you have one of those "few" Samsung TVs.

"To hear audio, you need a TV, AV receiver, or soundbar that can decode Dolby Digital or AC3 audio over HDMI. Most modern TVs can do this, though we’ve noticed a few Samsung TVs cannot. All Roku televisions should be able to play audio without any trouble."

It sounds like your choices are to encourage them (HDHomeRun) to "do something about that",  buy a different TV, or add a sound system.  You probably want to start with the former.  I wouldn't count on them reading this forum, though that is possible. I wonder what constitutes "a few".

Personally I'd take this as justification for a good sound system.  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
saultydog
Channel Surfer

I am sorry my friend but, I have posted the way to correct the audio with my post

0 Kudos
saultydog
Channel Surfer

To hear audio, you need a TV, AV receiver, or soundbar that can decode Dolby Digital or AC3 audio over HDMI. Most modern TVs can do this, though we’ve noticed a few Samsung TVs cannot. All Roku televisions should be able to play audio without any trouble.

Roku audio settings:

1. Go to the Roku home screen
  2. Then navigate to Settings  Audio  HDMI
  3. and change the HDMI option to Dolby Digital
  4. Go back to Audio and select Audio mode
  5. and change Audio mode to (Auto (Dolby Digital))
  6. If you are still having issues, check to see if your Volume mode is set to “off” (this might not always be required, depending on the Roku model)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                This should correct the audio on Flex Duo and most everything else, Please understand that your Router and connection will play a big part of this being quality video and audio, best results will come with having a series 6 router and ax router preferably.  Good luck in your venture, it works wonderfully and I had originally given the HDHomerun Flex Duo a 1 star when it wasnt their problem anyway, it was a Roku set up problem, they will now earn a 5 star rating, as will Roku. Most people dont understand that everything electronic or mechanical will have its bugs, and it usually takes our input to correct and make all of our lives better.
0 Kudos