Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Where is there a log file of errors on ingest?

Jump to solution

Keep in mind, when you make changes to your feed file, it may take upwards of 6 hours for Roku to ingest the changes. This tends to confuse lots of developers.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
Conspyre
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I figured out that my platform knows how to make one kind of Roku json, populated only with movies. One playlist, named "all". Not a great channel creator. I started writing a python script to sling together multiple of these to make a channel.

Not gonna lie, this 48 hours to wait to publish to test your changes is the least pleasant part of this experience....

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I provide software that merges multiple feed files into one. If interested, look at my post signature below.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
Conspyre
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I looked at it and using it our workflow is too heavy. The platform I am using emits primitive JSONs and I can transform them via script server-side so it’s automatic. Will eventually be rewritten in PHP and made part of the platform.

Next up I have to figure out how to get one step higher in the feeding chain than direct publisher with our software. Because this 48 hour publishing window is a killer. 

0 Kudos