Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Conspyre
Streaming Star

What resolution do my video poster frames need to be? They show at ≈half size.

Spoiler
I clearly need to re-do the poster frames for many of these, unless there is something I am not passing correctly in the JSON?

If the former, what is the optimal resolution they need to be at, and if the latter what part of the fine manual did I miss?

Unrelated rant, this 48-hour publish-to-see-your-results-on-the-device loop is tedious (when we had our channel unpublished, it simply would not display any media, and there didn't seem to be any way to resolve it...)

IMG_8018

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Conspyre
Streaming Star

Re: What resolution do my video poster frames need to be? They show at ≈half size.

Thanks, will give this a try. Question: is there a way to get roku to scale what it has to fit? That would save a ton of effort...

0 Kudos
Conspyre
Streaming Star

Re: What resolution do my video poster frames need to be? They show at ≈half size.

For us, it is actually more complicated, our images live out on a CDN and are generated in code, which I just figured out is generating that postage stamp looking image by rendering the original size image centered in a 1920x1080 black rectangle. 🤦‍♂️ Bug submitted, thanks for prompting me to dig to the bottom of it… 👍