Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zei2021
Binge Watcher

Setting up my own Roku Channel

Can someone please help me set up my own channel.  Please provide rates/estimate to walk me through the process and recommendations on which hosting/CDN/ etc.

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Zei2021
Binge Watcher

Re: Setting up my own Roku Channel

I need help setting up my Content Feed JSON - can you post the steps to create my content feed and recommend a JSON tool for MacOS?

0 Kudos
LDMnetwork
Channel Surfer

I have been trying to get my channel to be broken down by season but can't find the json code for it. Can anyone help me. I am using Vimeo and Json feed.

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

There are lots of software solutions available on this forum to assist in channel creation. Scan through some posts and pay attention to the bottom signature of each post.  You'll find the info you need.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
LDMnetwork
Channel Surfer

I have about 8 category on my page but a few of the Category is having a new season and want it to show season 1, 2, 3 etc. I am trying to get it like the photo example attach

episodic-picker.png

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

@LDMnetwork The design you posted can be done using a JSON feed file that defines a Series with Seasons and Episodes.  Here's one that I defined:

Series with Seasons and Episodes.Series with Seasons and Episodes.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
LDMnetwork
Channel Surfer

Yes that is what I want to do with my channel. I also use Json for my channel, do you know the code I can use. Please help I have been trying this about about 2 mos.

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

@LDMnetwork @sattun already replied to your post in "json 'Seasons' help" with sample code.  If that's not sufficient, you should look for a software solution.

0 Kudos
LDMnetwork
Channel Surfer

Thank you for the information and that is what I want my channel to look like, but I can't get it to work. The code that was sent is different for what my look likes. Well Thank I will just keep trying to look around for the code or something.

0 Kudos
sattun
Roku Guru

Hi @LDMnetwork ,

Check out our OTTfeed.com platform if you are looking for a robust solution to manage your content feed, it will save you a lot of time and frustration coding and debugging the feed by hand.

For more info go to https://OTTfeed.com

OTTfeed: Lease a custom Roku SDK for $99/month go to https://OTTfeed.com/lease
0 Kudos