Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
onetwoten
Reel Rookie

JSON feed status stuck in still processing - using WP Smart TV

I set-up up my JSON feed using WP Smart TV plugin.

The feed status has been stuck in still processing for several days.

Please help troubleshoot what can be updated to get the feed to work.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: JSON feed status stuck in still processing - using WP Smart TV

You aren't providing enough info to help.  At a minimum, consider posting your feed file in the event that you have errors.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
onetwoten
Reel Rookie

Re: JSON feed status stuck in still processing - using WP Smart TV

Thanks for the quick response.

Here is the feed file:

https://hsmshopping.com/wp-json/tv/roku/

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: JSONY feed status stuck in still processing - using WP Smart TV

You've got a couple of concerning issues in your feed file.

1. You've specified empty arrays for Movies, Series, and TV specials.  It's not a good idea to define an empty array.
  2. Your categories are defined incorrectly.  You cannot use '&' in a category query.  You are limited to 'AND' and 'OR' operators.

Capture.PNG

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
onetwoten
Reel Rookie

@Baradanikto 
Is there anyway you can check the feed now.
I made the edits that you recommended. I really appreciate your time. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

You have some remaining problems with your categories.

• The query string can only use one word.  Multiple words can be joined by "AND" and "OR", but, not both.  For example, "Full Episode" is not valid as a query tag.
  • On some of your video content, you've specified tags that don't exist in any category.  For example, "Food and Beverage", "Fashion and accessories".
  • Your videos are not accessible.  Make sure that they are made public so that the Roku framework can access them.
  • You have not specified thumbnail images for your videos.  They are required.

If you haven't already, you should consider consulting the Roku Direct Publisher feed spec.

0 Kudos